How do I use Garmin Connect?

4 watchers
Jun 2016
1:44pm, 7 Jun 2016
1,691 posts
  •  
Fizz :-)
I just use Garmin Connect / Express as the conduit to get the data into Fetch, my new PC wouldn't let me download the communicator plug-in. Could I skip the Connect bit then, as I never look at it?
Jun 2016
2:08pm, 7 Jun 2016
4,322 posts
  •  
sallykate
Makes sense - I sometimes edit in Connect if it's a row and I want to record the distance (when using Garmin as just a HRM) but otherwise I never look at it.
Jun 2016
4:00pm, 7 Jun 2016
156 posts
  •  
CharlieP
I have a Forerunner 610 that uploads its data to my PC via an ANT stick when it's close enough - I simply click on Add Training, then FIT, then choose the relevant file from my computer.

With other Garmin devices, you probably need to use the Garmin Communicator plugin.
Jun 2016
4:11pm, 7 Jun 2016
23,799 posts
  •  
McGoohan
I have a 205 which is powered on steam and fairy-dust. It just loads the data right off the Garmin to Fetch. Lovely.

I tried a 310 and hated the whole experience. I'm going to buy another 10 reconditioned 205s and just use those forever.
Jun 2016
6:27pm, 7 Jun 2016
14,468 posts
  •  
LazyDaisy
You could try a 225, McG. I like mine, and the HR within the watch is much nicer to use than a chest strap.
Jun 2016
10:35pm, 7 Jun 2016
2,905 posts
  •  
chunkywizard
Garmin Connect is just the website to display your activities (just like strava and Fetch). To get info into Garmin Connect you can use Garmin Express (PC/Mac application) or, on devices that have Bluetooth, you can use Garmin Connect Mobile (the phone app) to upload your activities automagically. If you don't like GC then BLE to GCM then auto sync to Fetch - job done!

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Scott S
Apparently managed to sync back in Oct 2015 and nothing since then.

Open it just now, went to syn...