How did you buy your tri-suit?

2 watchers
Sep 2017
7:11pm, 4 Sep 2017
121 posts
  •  
Julii
Buying a Tri-suit is a very annoying experience.
Did you go to a shop & try on lots of them or did you manage to buy something online?
Are men's suits better for people with broad shoulders??

I bought a size 14 suit online (£30, Moremile, on Ebay). It's sleeveless but hopelessly too small for my broad shoulders. I suspect I would need a size 18 in this model, and could flap on my bum (I usually wear size 10-12 on bottom). Every other suit online costs at least £50 & still might not fit. Buying in shop means almost an hour's drive each way, and spending at least £70. 2-piece sets I'd have to find somewhere where they sell separates in different sizes, I guess.

My transition times in last Tri were terrible, but maybe I can live with that better than spending £70 on something I'll use for 2 hours a year!
Sep 2017
7:46pm, 4 Sep 2017
122 posts
  •  
Julii
ps: if you're a male with 38" hips, what is your waist measurement? thanks!
Sep 2017
7:58pm, 4 Sep 2017
7,926 posts
  •  
lammo
Just ordered online and it was fine, good luck
Sep 2017
8:03pm, 4 Sep 2017
10,826 posts
  •  
richmac
It's a cruel sport!

I've been lucky when I've bought, but thats not the point.

email the retailer ask them to send you pictures of the suit with a tape measure across the shoulders and ask what their returns policy is. If they give a stuff about customer service they *should* oblige
Sep 2017
8:20pm, 4 Sep 2017
123 posts
  •  
Julii
Ebay return should go fine, really. I'll pay for return postage. Ebay is brutal on sellers, like that.

I'm 40" around shoulders and 38" around hips (apparently most women are smaller in shoulders than hips). Plus I need a long torso and I have thighs as big as the hips (sigh). Am definitely looking at men's suits, now.

My son/husband son are 40" hips with 32" waist. Does that mean a bloke with 38" hips would probably be 30" waist?
Sep 2017
5:14am, 5 Sep 2017
124 posts
  •  
Julii
Nuts, got that wrong. 36" around hips. Urk.
Sep 2017
2:40pm, 5 Sep 2017
10,827 posts
  •  
richmac
Ah I see what your driving at!

Looking at buying a blerks suit cos it'll fit better!

I'll measure my hips later! I'm a 30" waist & 40" (I think) chest
Sep 2017
2:56pm, 5 Sep 2017
19,561 posts
  •  
LazyDaisy
Ordered online, ridiculously expensive from TriGirl, and I had to get Large (I wasn't expecting that, ordered Medium initially and couldn't get the crop-top bra anywhere near my top half.)

Having said that, I really like it, I've very comfortably swum and run loads in it, though for me, the pad in the shorts has to be supplemented by a pair of cycle shorts. I like to think it looks good too :-)
Sep 2017
3:37pm, 5 Sep 2017
19,102 posts
  •  
LindsD
I bought my two-piece second hand from a Fetchie and it fits really well, although like you I'm different sizes on top and bottom. I guess I was lucky. It's an Orca but I'm small on top and big on the bottom iyswim :)
Feb 2018
8:00pm, 4 Feb 2018
355 posts
  •  
totalbeginner
You're probably already sorted now, but I'm looking at this one on Amazon amazon.co.uk

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
Buying a Tri-suit is a very annoying experience.
Did you go to a shop & try on lots of them or did ...