Hooded running jackets

1 watcher
Feb 2013
8:52am, 18 Feb 2013
8 posts
  •  
I81B4U
I've been looking for lightweight waterproof running jackets or windcheaters for running with hoods/hooded. Is it me or is there a shortage of them, and if you do find them they are quite pricey?

I know I sound pessimistic as I'm implying that it's going to rain and some of you would say get one without a hood, but can anybody recommend any reasonably priced ones?

Thanks
Feb 2013
9:23am, 18 Feb 2013
5,937 posts
  •  
RichHL
Ashmei do hooded running tops but they're expensive. Don't look because you'll want one then pine for a few moments because you probably can't afford them.

Other than that, I'd get one without a hood, buy a hat or pull on a Buff and have a really short hair cut for running in the rain. I'm fine as long as my head is warm and i don't have wet hair in my eyes.
Feb 2013
9:26am, 18 Feb 2013
361 posts
  •  
mblnFERCr
You get what you pay for... If a 100 pound jacket lasts 10 years etc. Breathable fabrics aren't cheap, and cheap fabrics aren't breathable ;)
Sports direct or trek and field do god discounts though
Feb 2013
9:54am, 18 Feb 2013
871 posts
  •  
RunningInCircles
Aye. Quality remains long after the cost is forgotten. :-)

OMM Kamleika. Lovely bit of kit. Versatile and very effective. Not cheap though.

I also rate extremely highly the Addidas Supernova Wind Jacket I got from StartFitness for less than £30. Not waterproof, but shower proof, and a lovely fit.
Feb 2013
9:55am, 18 Feb 2013
872 posts
  •  
RunningInCircles
Oh, no hood on the second one. But I wear an Inov8 waterproof cap :-)
Feb 2013
10:17am, 18 Feb 2013
9 posts
  •  
I81B4U
I like a god discount!!! thanks for your help people..... now get back to work! :-)

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by
I've been looking for lightweight waterproof running jackets or windcheaters for running with hoods...