Holding virtual Races on Fetch

3 watchers
May 2020
6:27pm, 22 May 2020
407 posts
  •  
Weath
With the continuing lockdown and the increased interest in 'virtual' racing, what's the thoughts / policy on holding virtual club events here on Fetch?

I'm Secretary for UKNR and have just been discussing with our committee some of our upcoming handicap events that we were planning to hold, it being suggested that we consider transferring them to the 'orange site' in a virtual format instead. Obviously with this weeks developments over there this throws a potential spanner in the plan ....

I thought I saw someone make a suggestion that expanding the club pages in some way here may be good timing with any exodus coming this way, but obviously there may be some conflict of interest with FERC.

Just looking for thoughts really ...
May 2020
6:38pm, 22 May 2020
31,344 posts
  •  
Old Croc
well the fake parkruns have a good support so there is a precedent set.
May 2020
6:59pm, 22 May 2020
24,073 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
Happy to work something out - we’ve got our Virtual Weekend here:

fetcheveryone.com/race-virtualweekend.php
May 2020
7:16pm, 22 May 2020
408 posts
  •  
Weath
It was actually the fake parkruns and virtual weekend that got me thinking.

Obviously I wouldn't be as presumptuous to just add a 'virtual' event at some point in future to the Race Finder for the primary intention of a a few of our Clubbies having a competitive blast against each other. So was just thinking aloud as it were.

@Fetch I've replied to your Fmail about club Ambassadors. It maybe that this is something that could be explored further around those discussions.
May 2020
12:55pm, 26 May 2020
1,791 posts
  •  
cackleberry
OOOOh yes, I was thinking about this last night on my run!
Our local fell league has opened themselves up for virtual competition, in this instance you run the routes on your own and submit your times and they'll compile the results table as normal.

Not sure on ideas on how to make it a practical thing though.
May 2020
12:56pm, 26 May 2020
1,792 posts
  •  
cackleberry
Just found the virtual race link too... ooooo

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Weath
With the continuing lockdown and the increased interest in 'virtual' racing, what's t...