Hoka One Ones....

28 watchers
Apr 2021
1:55pm, 30 Apr 2021
4,567 posts
  •  
steve45
My Hokas are doing just fine; 500 miles and only slight wear on one heel which I cover with shoegoo. I reckon there's another four hundred or five hundred in them, no wear at all on uppers. I won't be falling into the trap of believing that 3-500 miles is the limit on trainers which is of course a ploy by manufacturers and their buddies! I've been running for 42 years and I've not had any serious running injuries caused by shoe issues.
My wife who does ultras swears by her Clifton 7.
Apr 2021
2:00pm, 30 Apr 2021
4,568 posts
  •  
steve45
Oops...on page 7 it's my wife (torey) writing ...she refers to her wife! I think we were both talking while we were contributing to the same thread but with only one of us logged in!
Feb 2022
6:15am, 12 Feb 2022
622 posts
  •  
NRGEE
i have osteoarthritis of left big toe( mild but painful). I ran half marathon in Brooks Glycerine and ended up with sesamoiditis( sore feet)- the half marathon was in Sept and haven't run since as toe too painful. Someone on my blog recomended Hoka shoes. I googled and found the Bondi 7 to suite my neutral style with plush cushioning. I went up a size and chose wide ladies- so size 8 wide. Tried them on in house and I could feel ankle slipping. Phoned shop and told to locklace. This helped- but wanted opinion from my podiatrist re fit ( I wear orthotics). Podiatrist said to go up to a 9 but said the info on the shoe description- he felt the shoe would help my arthritis. Tried to get a 9 wide( again podiatrist said as little toes curl outwards and keep getting corns)- but shop online only had 8.5 wide ladies. I managed to find a local shop that had an 8.5 and a 9 standard fit. Was told a standard mans was equivilant to a wide womens shoe. So I tried on both 8.5 and 9. Man in shop recommended a 9 and to use lace lock to tie them. Like to tie shoes in a double knot-so had to buy some longer laces

Online shop excellent and sent me a free postage label to post ladies shoe back
Plan only on running a max of 8m. 1st plan to just walk in them.
Feb 2022
12:45pm, 12 Feb 2022
308 posts
  •  
torey
I'm continuing to run in Cliftons which are great with my wide feet and orthotics. I go up a half size from "day shoes" to accommodate the orthotics. The cushioning in Hokas is quite essential following my hip replacement three years ago. I run up to 20 milers currently but intend dropping down after a forty mile event in April. I love my Hokas and buy two pairs at a time because almost inevitably they change the styles every year and not always suiting me then!
Feb 2022
1:02pm, 12 Feb 2022
1,494 posts
  •  
lin50
I usually run in Adidas but I recently bought Hoka Clifton 8. Iโ€™ve run in them a couple of times and really like the cushioning.
Feb 2022
1:23pm, 12 Feb 2022
4,958 posts
  •  
K5 Gus
The New Balance More v3 is amazing, they have out Hoka'd Hoka with this model - so much comfort ( Fresh Foam better than Hoka's eva foam ), and a very wide stable platform.

Check out reviews, and don't buy a Bondi or Clifton until you check these out.
Feb 2022
1:54pm, 12 Feb 2022
984 posts
  •  
Bowman ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ช
Both Cliftons, 6 and now 7th iteration, I have had, I think the cushion kind of last 700-800km after that they are moushy but stiff.
Also my speedgoats actually, they are up to 800ish km now and are not that comfy anymore.

Anyone else recognize this?
I mean 800km is till ok. It doesnโ€™t bother me, they are getting properly worn.
Feb 2022
9:27pm, 12 Feb 2022
37,417 posts
  •  
Seratonin
I do worry about the longevity of Hoka's.
I am 300 miles into a pair of Clifton 8's and my knees have started grumbling which means that the cushioning is starting too deteriorate.
My pair of Clifton 7's lasted 500 miles til I had to replace them.
I could usually get a pair of Mizuno Wave Inspires to last 600-700 miles.
Feb 2022
9:05am, 13 Feb 2022
989 posts
  •  
Bowman ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ช
Ok so I guess itโ€™s light but cushioned material will deteriorate a bit more than other materials.
Iโ€™ve read about people not feeling the same, and use Hokas for a lot more miles, but I wonder if they only are like the boiling frog. They simply not notice it due to the slow deterioration.
Feb 2022
5:27pm, 16 Feb 2022
5,081 posts
  •  
steve45
I'm now over 800 miles in my Clifton 7 with s new pair of 8s in a box! The 7s have another 200 miles in them at least and the cushioning is still way up there. A relatively new pair of Saucony Jazz 22 with a hundred miles on the clock feel like wood in comparison, quite awful. The hoka uppers are in good nik too! I'm hoping and expecting the 8's to get through well into 2023!

About This Thread

Maintained by heffaroo
Hey guys...anyone have any experience with these bad boys?

I'm picking up that they are great fo...