3 watchers
zp
Dec 2016
9:04am, 24 Dec 2016
124 posts
  •  
zp
Of course, no problem :)

1. Go to strava at strava.com and create an account, if you don't have one already.
2. Go to Tapiriik at tapiriik.com - now here you need to connect to Garmin Connect and to Strava. Click the little 'Connect' buttons, and enter login details for GC and Strava.
3. Now hover over the Garmin and strava logos until you see it say 'Reconfigure' - click that, and set the options to send activities to GC and also to sync private activities (I forget this step and found loads of missing runs).
4. Now click the circular button with the arrows on it. That will start sending activities from GC to strava - and that'll take a long time for 7 years worth of stuff! You can see the activities syncing in the list below the 'arrow button' and if you log into strava you can see the runs there too.
5. Once all that is done, we go to strava :) Log in at strava.com then go to Settings (hover over your avatar picture in the top right), then when the next page has loaded, halfway down the screen if a button to download all your activities. Click that :)
6. Now you have to wait again, depending on how much data you have. Sooner or later, strava will send you an email with a link in to download everything. Follow that link, and download that file.
7. Once you have the file, extract all the files somewhere - you should have hundreds of gpx files! Delete any runs that are already on fetch, which will be the most recent ones that Fetch has synced automatically for you.
8. At this point, we can start sending data to Fetch :) Add gpx files into a bunch of zip files (I guess 25 runs maximum to stop the server being overloading).
9. Go to http://www.fetcheveryone.com/training-import-zip.php - select a zip file, change the file type to GPX files, then click Upload File. Wait a bit while it thinks, then your runs should be Fetchified :)
10. If you still have more zip files to process, go back to stage 9!

And, er, that's it! I may have made it sound more complicated than it really is by trying to be detailed - if you get stuck just shout here or drop me an fmail :) Good luck.
zp
Dec 2016
9:07am, 24 Dec 2016
125 posts
  •  
zp
Oops, wonky links but think they still work :)

[larkin, this is the same method as you describe I think? Dunno if I'm doing more than I need to?]
Dec 2016
10:29pm, 29 Dec 2016
5 posts
  •  
Jotoo28
Thank you ZP for your very clear instructions and help. It has worked and I am delighted to have all my history logged. It did take some time to upload but I could not of done it without you 😆 xx
zp
Dec 2016
10:34pm, 29 Dec 2016
144 posts
  •  
zp
No problem, Jotoo - glad it all worked :)

And welcome to Fetch!
Dec 2016
10:41pm, 29 Dec 2016
6,869 posts
  •  
Watford Wobble
Fantastic news Jotoo.

Hope you stick around in Fetch and discover other wonders the site has to offer.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Jotoo28
I am completely new to the sight and have managed to sync my garmin. However I have approximately 7 ...