hip/ pelvic wonkiness

2 watchers
Apr 2012
10:13pm, 6 Apr 2012
6 posts
  •  
fiji
I\\\'ve got what seems to be uneven hips / wonky pelvis after an injury 14 years ago - with my left leg rotating out a fair amount, and with no balance on my left leg. It\\\'s really obvious when i lie down - my left foot lies flat on its side and my right points straight up. I\\\'ve run for many years but i seem to be getting more frequent injuries - lower back pain on both sides, achey hips. I\\\'ve had my gait analysed and have shoes that do seem to help, as does yoga, but is there anything else I can do to to strengthen or prevent further injuries? Anyone else with similar problems? I\\\'m training for a half marathon but am considering giving up running altogether. Apart from having resulting injuries dealt with by sports physios, I\\\'ve not seen anyone yet for it.
Apr 2012
10:31pm, 6 Apr 2012
13,841 posts
  •  
Stumpy
hi fiji and welcome to fetch?
what was the original injury?

i have a feeling the resolution will involve a decent physio who is interested in resolving the underlying issue rather than just the symptoms of the resulting injuries.

i cant help more than that but hopefully someone with expertise will come along shortly.
Apr 2012
10:31pm, 6 Apr 2012
13,842 posts
  •  
Stumpy
not sure why there's a ? on the welcome to fetch, sorry :-)
Apr 2012
11:07pm, 6 Apr 2012
4,843 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Welcome to fetch, not much to offer on your Q other than I seem to have wonky pelvis & waiting for appt with chriropracter (spelling not working sorry :()
Apr 2012
11:16pm, 6 Apr 2012
1,037 posts
  •  
Cat the Dog
Welcome Fiji. Yes, I have slightly wonky hips and get hip / back pain along with a host of other niggles. I see a physio and a podiatrist (who exchange notes) and wear orthotics, mainly to correct my left foot / leg from rolling in. Also do glute strengthening exercises and ruining drills to try and improve my running style. I'm slowly getting back running, but don't know if I'll ever be able to run for long distances.
Apr 2012
11:40am, 15 Apr 2012
355 posts
  •  
Sazzahazza
hi Fiji, welcome to fetch, I've had a wonky pelvis for a couple of years (after snowboarding injury), you'll need to go to a physio and they'll be able to realign the pelvis and give strengthening/core exercise. I've pretty much sorted it out now, but it's learning new running techniques and strengthening the area.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
I\\\'ve got what seems to be uneven hips / wonky pelvis after an injury 14 years ago - with my l...