Hip pain advice

4 watchers
Dec 2022
10:56am, 1 Dec 2022
44,868 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Lol Gus, I love that you think a 50K is OK but 8.6K of muddy XC is a risk! But I know what you mean. Very best of luck with Shale Trail.

AL, totally, I have selected amnesia every time I am injured! Rest, recover, return only with caution. Easy to say, hard to do! :-) G
Dec 2022
11:10am, 1 Dec 2022
5,537 posts
  •  
K5 Gus
Haha, yeah I guess it does sound a bit irrational when you look at the basic facts :-)
Dec 2022
4:17pm, 1 Dec 2022
44,873 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Any other suggestions? Any quack remedies? Poultice on it? Crystals? Warming pad? Tens machine? Ultrasound thingie?!

Or is it just now running until 2023? Boo! :-) G
Dec 2022
6:35am, 3 Dec 2022
918 posts
  •  
Shades
HappyG(rrr) how's the hip now?
Dec 2022
8:21am, 3 Dec 2022
44,902 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Thought a bit better in gym on Wed but still felt it just walking yesterday. Races cancelled this weekend. I'll have a gentle try next week. Thanks for asking Shades. :-) G
Dec 2022
9:06am, 3 Dec 2022
919 posts
  •  
Shades
Shame about the cancelled races, but I guess we get used to that. Hope another few day's rest helps.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by HappyG(rrr)
Hi all, Fetch wisdom sought please (before or instead of seeing a physio!!)

Sore right hip, in the joint or slightly round to the front, but not the hip flexor. Maybe top of ITB insertion to hip joint or in the hip joint itself? 2 out of 10 when walking, 5 or 6 out of 10 (I had to walk back a mile and half from last run). In gym, I could replicate it with single leg shallow squat, so it's that point from end of bent to straight (exactly the motion of each run step!). Also a bit tender to...