Hip hurts

2 watchers
Feb 2012
2:07pm, 22 Feb 2012
12,350 posts
  •  
hellen
D2d I didn't say they were not to bad, that was C
Don't think stress fracture as feel nothing when prodding and mr massage found tight trigger points in that area

Am working on weaknesses due to my dodgy knee that side so doing core and leg strengthening stuff
Feb 2012
2:25pm, 22 Feb 2012
167 posts
  •  
mblnFERCr
My recent si joint issues presented as hip pain before its went chronic. Sports massagist thought its was a tight glut med
Feb 2012
2:31pm, 22 Feb 2012
9,930 posts
  •  
SODIron © 2002
when I was struggling with achilles issues around 18 months ago the massage therapist worked on the immdediate area to improve the situation, then slowly worked through the kinetic chain. There was issues from top to bottom...once these were sorted things improved pretty quickly.
Feb 2012
2:49pm, 22 Feb 2012
499 posts
  •  
Tarahumara
hellen - get a tennis balll and sit on it - roll your glute muscles over it - you'll soon find any areas of tenderness! If you do find them keep rolling on them! Please go see a proper physio xx
Feb 2012
3:23pm, 22 Feb 2012
12,352 posts
  •  
hellen
I have been doing the tennis ball thing and have been seeing Physio about my knee

I thought I would ask on here in case anyone had it so I can save a Physio trip as have been
Going rather a lot so getting expensive
I did think I would make a just in case appointment for next week which I can cancel if it clears up as my Physio can be hard to see at short notice
Feb 2012
3:28pm, 22 Feb 2012
2,401 posts
  •  
sallykate
Hope it clears up soon hellen -- I had an incredibly painful hip a couple of years ago after a short off-road run following a few weeks of no running -- not quite like yours as mine was very painful whatever I was doing but OH massaged the tender area with anti-inflammatory gel and it cleared within a few days, I hope yours does too. Can you get your OH to elbow massage it -- it might be deeper and more effective than a tennis ball?
Feb 2012
3:30pm, 22 Feb 2012
12,353 posts
  •  
hellen
I have had mr h get his elbow in my glute before so should get him doing it again. Problem is he complains when I ask him
To go harder cos it hurts him! Such a whimp
He is!!
Feb 2012
3:50pm, 22 Feb 2012
435 posts
  •  
Devoted2Distance
No idea then sorry but hope you get it sorted :-)

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by hellen
It started the weekend before last during a double marathon. It wasnt really bad and more of a dull...