Hilly Fields parkrun

1 watcher
Sep 2012
4:48pm, 24 Sep 2012
203 posts
  •  
Stripes
I'm moving house shorly and it looks like Hilly Fields will be my nearest parkrun.

I appreciate the clue is in the name, but how hilly is this parkrun? I don't tend to get on well with hills and I'm a bit worried from a couple of comments on the event website that it's actually mountainous!

Thanks!
Sep 2012
4:58pm, 24 Sep 2012
2,524 posts
  •  
SherryB
Try SallyKate - she's involved in organising this parkrun. The hills are steep. I've not run it so can't comment specifically.
Sep 2012
7:55pm, 24 Sep 2012
2,834 posts
  •  
sallykate
Hi Stripes,

It's really not *that* bad! It's three laps of an undulating course. One uphill stretch is gentle, one is sharper but shorter - straight up a short hill, if I count my strides when I run up it it takes about 60 strides I think - anyway, it's over quickly, and as soon as you reach the top you're running down a gentle slope the other side. I can take a look at my Garmin and try to download an elevation profile if you like!

If you're after a flat-as-a-pancake course then Dulwich is only 3 miles away...

Just get in touch if you want any more info about Hilly Field parkrun or anything else to do with the area :-)
Sep 2012
7:58pm, 24 Sep 2012
206 posts
  •  
Stripes
Thanks for the information! It doesn't sound too bad after all so I will probably man up and come along.

Now all we need to do is find a flat...!

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Stripes
I'm moving house shorly and it looks like Hilly Fields will be my nearest parkrun.

I appreciate ...