Hi - newbie here

2 watchers
Aug 2017
10:23am, 15 Aug 2017
First-time poster!!
  •  
cyberpixie
Helloooo. Newbie to the board not to running! I started running in 2008 and have had on and offs but am back and in full flow now! Got three half marathons and the GSR this autumn/winter. The one I am MOST nervous about is the Endurance Life Coastal Trail Series along the Dorset coast on 2nd December. The Purbeck hills are sometimes ridiculous in a car let alone on foot - probably need to be doing lots of plyometrics for that one, methinks (any tips gratefully received).

:)/
Aug 2017
10:27am, 15 Aug 2017
7,343 posts
  •  
becca7
Welcome aboard. Good luck with all those races. I've not done any Endurance Life ones before nor do I have any experience of the Purbeck hills so no tips to offer but you have plenty of time to train. Certainly plyometrics help to toughen the legs.
Aug 2017
1:29pm, 15 Aug 2017
11,821 posts
  •  
early bird
Hi and welcome. Endurance life events are immensely good 'fun' :-) I did a 7 events in 7 months with them in 2008/9 ish I think. They love to start you off with a huge hill to climb first and then throw in lots of mud and more hills etc. They were one of the most memorable events I have ever done you won't regret entering it :-) From what I recall they had 'kit list' and did random checks on the HM not sure if they are stricter on this now. Definitely trail shoes for the event, take waterproof jacket minimum and get out to train in as many muddy hilly places as you can before. I went into it doing nothing but road runs with occasional trail flat run and got the shock of my life lol. If you aren't going to go for a time take a camera with you there's amazing views out there. I always finished covered in mud with the biggest smile on my face :-)

P.S. plyometrics will be awesome for it
Aug 2017
2:44pm, 15 Aug 2017
28,628 posts
  •  
Old Croc
Weclome aboard.
Good luck with races.
Aug 2017
11:06am, 17 Aug 2017
2 posts
  •  
cyberpixie
Aww, thanks for your responses everyone, really grateful! Luckily I live in Dorset so I can get out and do part of the route at least before the main event.

I am incredibly hyper today after a six miler this morning :)
Aug 2017
11:23am, 17 Aug 2017
5,169 posts
  •  
HermanBloom
Hi! Sounds like the coastal trail run will be an experience :-)

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
Helloooo. Newbie to the board not to running! I started running in 2008 and have had on and offs but...