Hey come on tell me!!!!

2 watchers
Mar 2012
1:31pm, 26 Mar 2012
1,312 posts
  •  
Bru-Bru
Good post, BC. All I'd say is you can only measure against yourself and be the best you can be. You can't keep up with 25 year olds if your 45 and you can't catch those elite Kenyans and Ethiopians however much you train. what you can do, though, is keep improving relatively. I did FLM 7 years ago at age 46 and, according to my recent half marathon PB should beat that time when I do Brighton on April 15th. Then again, according my rather disastrous mara last year and the pace of some of my recent training runs, I'll be lucky to finish by the time the marshals knock off! It may or may not be down to old age but all you can do is give it a go and see what happens - stick with it.
Mar 2012
9:18pm, 26 Mar 2012
31 posts
  •  
darting
Thanks to all...... Cheers
Apr 2012
9:52pm, 13 Apr 2012
1,608 posts
  •  
Garfield
Your long runs seem to be run too quickly...nearly the same speed as your shorter stuff. You might be interested in checking out the heart rate thread...where fast is fast but slower runs are run considerably slower.
Apr 2012
10:04pm, 13 Apr 2012
15,717 posts
  •  
Mick n Phil - Easy - Easy - Easy
i'm approaching 54

admitteldy ive had benign prostate problems - but i'm not the guy i was 2 years ago

it happens to us all

its time to enjoy it and if a good day comes then go for it

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by
How old is old..... I am begining to lose the spring in my step and its very depressing. In the last...