Help with garmin connect set up please

1 watcher
Jun 2012
7:40pm, 13 Jun 2012
85 posts
  •  
macapple
Hi, I'm not sure which section this should be in but here goes.

I got a garmin FR60 today :) I've set it all up and registered at garmin connect etc. It's managed to upload some stuff (me jogging round my house) but when I try to explore the data, i get a message saying Internet Explorer has stopped working and it gets into a wierd cycle and I have to shut it down. But all my other open web pages are working fine. Has anyone come across this? I'm itching to play with my new toy tomorrow on my run. Thanks
Jun 2012
7:47pm, 13 Jun 2012
13,175 posts
  •  
JohnnyO
Is this an Internet Explorer compatibility thing? I seem to remember something similar.

Its something to do with the rectangular icon in the IE address bar. On mine it is next to the reload circular arrow thing.

Click that and see if it helps.
Jun 2012
7:48pm, 13 Jun 2012
13,176 posts
  •  
JohnnyO
Reading that back irt wasnt very clear...

Try here: forums.garmin.com
Jun 2012
7:48pm, 13 Jun 2012
13,177 posts
  •  
JohnnyO
holsson.wordpress.com
Jun 2012
7:58pm, 13 Jun 2012
740 posts
  •  
SuperDave!
You mean 'compatability view' johnny, I think. :-)
Jun 2012
7:59pm, 13 Jun 2012
13,178 posts
  •  
JohnnyO
Exactly! :)
Jun 2012
8:34pm, 13 Jun 2012
86 posts
  •  
macapple
Thank you JonnyO and SuperDave for your very prompt replies, i went to make dinner and came back to loads of help. So, i 1. tried compatability view 2. Tried and failed to look for poison file 3. turned my computer off and on again (sometimes works) 4. gave in and downloaded firefox and success :) Why on earth would garmin make something that doesn't work with IE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Off to play now, cheers :)

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by macapple
Hi, I'm not sure which section this should be in but here goes.

I got a garmin FR60 today :) I'...