Help! Need a new garmin

2 watchers
ITG
Aug 2019
3:17pm, 6 Aug 2019
7,583 posts
  •  
ITG
So I did ask before on the 700 miles thread but it was about a million pages ago.

I need a new Garmin. I have a 310XT (I think - old orange triathlon model) which I like but it is getting slow, battery is dodgy and I've lost it anyway.

Looking at Forerunner 735XT (which I think was recommended to me by 700 milers) but also at Vivoactive 3 which is significantly cheaper.

I run, swim and bike. I also do crossfit but I don't need a watch for that. I VERY OCCASIONALLY do triathlon but have never worked out how to use the multisport feature of the old garmin anyway and only ever used it one discipline at a time.

So: any tips? Is Vivoactive enough for my purposes? Or is the Forerunner 235 multisport significantly better?

I'm a half-serious middle-aged wannabe, rather than a competitive athlete.
Aug 2019
3:18pm, 6 Aug 2019
22,477 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
Have you got a budget in mind? That's usually a useful steer.
Aug 2019
3:25pm, 6 Aug 2019
123 posts
  •  
Love Lettuce
Do you definitely want it to record swimming. And is your swimming indoors or outdoors (i.e. do you need GPS swimming)?
ITG
Aug 2019
4:57pm, 6 Aug 2019
7,584 posts
  •  
ITG
Pool is outdoors and I need gps to get my whatsquareswins 😂😂
ITG
Aug 2019
4:58pm, 6 Aug 2019
7,585 posts
  •  
ITG
Budget is I've no idea but don't want to pay loads extra for unneedes stuff. I would like it to be usable in the pool. I don't want it to buy my groceries.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

So I did ask before on the 700 miles thread but it was about a million pages ago.

I need a new Ga...