Help! Forgotten my garmin...

1 watcher
Dec 2019
11:05am, 29 Dec 2019
860 posts
  •  
poppyH
I'm away for a few days and have forgotten my garmin. I don't want to miss out on CQ zones so what running app would you recommend instead?
Dec 2019
11:13am, 29 Dec 2019
16,314 posts
  •  
Angus Clydesdale
If I’m in your situation I always use (sshhh) strava because the app tracks really well and is eventually downloadable to Fetch (when I can get back to the mainframe computer).

You need to have an account with them, obvs, but you can have a base level one for free.
Dec 2019
11:15am, 29 Dec 2019
16,315 posts
  •  
Angus Clydesdale
I tried for ages to use the Fetch app but it never worked properly on my iPhone and I think Fetch was too busy with the main site to sort out the bugs and glitches. It was a bit of a disappointment at the tone, but he’s only one guy and he does all sorts of other amazing instead.
Dec 2019
11:18am, 29 Dec 2019
861 posts
  •  
poppyH
I'd not thought about the app, I'm on android so not an option yet. Thanks Angus.
Dec 2019
11:20am, 29 Dec 2019
44,499 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
S****a app works fine on Android, then you can twizzle it into Fetch and you'll get your Conquercise zones. I have reason to know this.
um
Dec 2019
11:31am, 29 Dec 2019
1,564 posts
  •  
um
I've used mapmyrun / mapmywalk quite easily in the past.

Or load the activity via 'plot a new route' after you've done it. The follow roads (assuming you are on roads or paths) makes it easy.
Dec 2019
11:31am, 29 Dec 2019
862 posts
  •  
poppyH
Perfect. Thanks Vrap.
Dec 2019
11:33am, 29 Dec 2019
863 posts
  •  
poppyH
I've manually added via plot my route before, and also forgotten to do it, it works but an app definitely the easier option. Thanks um.
Dec 2019
12:27pm, 29 Dec 2019
18,598 posts
  •  
Dvorak
If you want to avoid strava runkeeper also works pretty well. Produces a gpx file for downloading to Fetch. Just noticed the online credit is now Asics digital runkeeper.com

I also have the Crane Connect app to sync to my Aldi GPS watch. This also has a GPS functionality which works ok. However you have to upload to the Crane Connect website before you can extract the gpx. The reviews on Google Play are maybe a bit more negative than is a fair representation! play.google.com

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by poppyH
I'm away for a few days and have forgotten my garmin. I don't want to miss out on CQ zones...