Hello to Jason Isaacs

73 watchers
Jan 2022
8:53am, 3 Jan 2022
39,256 posts
  •  
Nellers
Lucy is unwatchable despite Scarlett Johansson.

Went to the cinema for Spiderman on NYE. First time I've been since pre-COVID times. It was busier than I'd expected and I found that a bit stressful but once the film started I forgot that completely, which I guess is the best review for a bit of escapist fantasy that you can get.
Jan 2022
10:36am, 3 Jan 2022
40,674 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
I liked Lucy. (runs for cover!)

From the wiki:

Lucy (2014) Scarlett Johansson manages to be ugly. Challenging, arty, not everyone's cup o' chai? :-) G
McG adds: hated this. Luc Besson is all visuals and no sense. Morgan Freeman plays a character who only exists to explain the plot to the audience. Woeful.

Thanks for the other reviews guys. Will have a gander at some of them.

If you get a chance to copy and paste into the Wiki, JK chameleon that would be most awesomely awesome, thanks! (Loved Big Hero 6, unexpectedly, so will have a look at Ron's Gone Wrong for sure) :-) G
Jan 2022
11:04am, 3 Jan 2022
15,899 posts
  •  
Jolly Krampus *chameleon*
HappyG(rrr) - in the end there's little similarity between Big Hero 6 and Ron's Gone Wrong - it was just the trailer for the latter put me immediately in the mind of the former. In the end I like both, but for different reasons.

Can't describe Lucy better than McG does in the wiki. I think perhaps the Freeman explanatory sequences were what helped housemate enjoy the movie - he's not the brightest button :)

Hopefully watching Shang-Chi today. Really want to watch No Way Home, but not quite ready to face a crowded cinema.

How is the wiki organised? Alphabetical, by year, or simply throw in the review at the bottom?
Jan 2022
11:08am, 3 Jan 2022
40,675 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Oi, you suggesting I liked it too, because I'm not very bright? ;-)

I think I might be pretty thick, because I think my review was actually for Under The Skin, also SJ, also killer, but very different film. My bad. Soz!

Still thought Lucy was better than woeful. Flawed, for sure, but as a bit of super-drug, super-powers, schtick, didn't think it was that bad. Mind you, haven't watched it more than once, I don't think. :-) G
Jan 2022
12:04pm, 3 Jan 2022
23,999 posts
  •  
Angus Clydesdale
We enjoyed Shang Chi. It's a bit silly, but quite fun.
Jan 2022
11:34pm, 3 Jan 2022
15,901 posts
  •  
JK *chameleon*
Oi, you suggesting I liked it too, because I'm not very bright?

No, not at all! Housemate has significant memory issues (often forgets the start of a movie before it's half way through - and when I put on Marvel movies I have to do a five minute catch up to remind him who people are).
Jan 2022
1:51pm, 14 Jan 2022
16,002 posts
  •  
JK *chameleon*
Booked in to watch Spider-Man NWH in IMAX tomorrow. Have managed to avoid most spoilers (aside from the obviously true rumours prior to release) and so am far more excited than a 40 year old should be :)
Jan 2022
1:56pm, 14 Jan 2022
8,937 posts
  •  
GordonG
JK, well done for avoiding many of the spoilers for NWH. The bit where Arnold Schwarzenegger turns up as the original Terminator is just awesome :-)
Jan 2022
2:08pm, 14 Jan 2022
52,257 posts
  •  
LindsD
Bet it's great in the IMAX
Jan 2022
2:27pm, 14 Jan 2022
24,112 posts
  •  
Angus Clydesdale
IMAX will be amazing. Especially the bit with Optimus Prime.

About This Thread

Maintained by Nellers
A series of still images which, when shown on a screen, create the illusion of moving image.

Here is a Wiki, the fiendish creation of HappyG(rrr)
http://www.fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=538

Here, you can record your recommendations (or otherwise!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you ever need to know if something is available on streaming, I can recommend justwatch.com

It tells you which platforms things are on and whether they are free and if not, gives their rental and purchase prices