73 watchers
Aug 2020
9:21pm, 29 Aug 2020
9,716 posts
  •  
PaulaMc
Just home from Tenet.

🤯

OH is just as mind-blown as I am. We were thinking of going to the pub afterwards but had to come home because we are so muddled. We’ve done the “so did X mean X or Y?” thing and we’ve just confused each other even more.

I can’t say I didn’t enjoy it, although it was both incredibly loud and very muffled, I just have no idea what happened.
Aug 2020
9:26pm, 29 Aug 2020
30,593 posts
  •  
Seratonin
Sounds like a pretty normal Christopher Nolan film. I am going to see it tomorrow afternoon :-)
Aug 2020
9:34pm, 29 Aug 2020
9,717 posts
  •  
PaulaMc
Loved Memento and Inception. Don’t think I’ve seen Interstellar but Son2 recommends it. This one just flummoxed me.
Aug 2020
9:35pm, 29 Aug 2020
46,717 posts
  •  
McGoohan
How did you feel about the cinema experience?
Aug 2020
11:00pm, 29 Aug 2020
9,718 posts
  •  
PaulaMc
We went to the Picturehouse in East Dulwich. One or two seats between groups, so only two groups per row as it was a small screen. Masks on outside the screen but everyone seemed to take them off once they were seated which was fine with us. We felt comfortable (didn’t use the toilets
or need to buy anything).
Aug 2020
9:45pm, 30 Aug 2020
30,596 posts
  •  
Seratonin
Well Paula, after watching TENET, I am probably no wiser than you. I came out thinking "this film is insane!" Visually stunning, dodgy muffled dialogue (though I suspect that Nolan has done this on purpose as you can hear clearly when he wants you to) and generally I didn't have a scoobie what the heck was what.

I was surprised that the cinema was not busier. We were in a 300 seat theatre and there were only 20 people present. Suits me as I like space and don't like watching films with lots of people (too much wrapper rustling, random talking and food munching).

Definitely needs another watch to figure some stuff out. Was not disappointed though.
Sep 2020
3:31pm, 2 Sep 2020
8,302 posts
  •  
GordonG
thought i'd start a Tenet thread in order to talk about the things we couldn't understand...

fetcheveryone.com/forum/tenet-film-discussion-thread-contains-spoilers-61588
Sep 2020
6:03pm, 26 Sep 2020
41,026 posts
  •  
LindsD
Just watched 2001 with Billly (17). I think I saw it when I was about 11 and only vaguely understood it. I was quite prepared to think it was a load of self-indulgent bollocks or very dated but I really enjoyed it. We put the music through some decent speakers and drew the blinds and it was great.
Sep 2020
6:03pm, 26 Sep 2020
41,027 posts
  •  
LindsD
And even though you know what's going to happen, the scenes with HAL are genuinely terrifying.
Sep 2020
6:20pm, 26 Sep 2020
46,909 posts
  •  
McGoohan
Did you have an interval? (There used to be one at the cinema - it comes at the point where you realise HAL has been lipreading the astronauts.)

About This Thread

Maintained by Nellers
A series of still images which, when shown on a screen, create the illusion of moving image.

Here is a Wiki, the fiendish creation of HappyG(rrr)
http://www.fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=538

Here, you can record your recommendations (or otherwise!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you ever need to know if something is available on streaming, I can recommend justwatch.com

It tells you which platforms things are on and whether they are free and if not, gives their rental and purchase prices