Oscar's Everyone Day

Sunday 23rd June 2024
In 2021 Oscar the Grouch proposed one day each year where "we unite as a community and EVERYONE records an activity of some sort - a dog walk, a run, a swim, a ride, ski if you want...".

Sadly we lost Oscar in March, so I'd like to dedicate Everyone Day to him. Thank you for the inspiration you gave us Oscar.

Hello to Jason Isaacs

72 watchers
19 Jun
9:33pm, 19 Jun 2024
11,264 posts
  •  
Fields
Green Border - latest from Agnieszka Holland covering the refugees who were trapped in the forests between Poland and Belarus around the winter of 2021. Thematically similar to her earlier work Europa Europa I suppose. Like in that film there are moments of levity and humour amongst the horror and grimness. Shooting in black and white (we fade from the green of the forest in the first shot).

It’s the acts of ordinary people helping others in need that stand out, offset against the performative cruelty and actual brutality of nation states and soldiers. At the end the film reminds us how Ukrainians were welcomed with open arms in stark contrast to how the subjects of the film have been treated.

Highly recommended but not an easy watch
19 Jun
9:36pm, 19 Jun 2024
23,987 posts
  •  
Red Squirrel
There’s going to be a film about Knepp estate out soon which will be shown in cinemas. For anyone that’s interested in wilding - trailer:
https://youtu.be/u1nBnpSfz9U?si=R7RnmOIXGnQrd309
19 Jun
9:37pm, 19 Jun 2024
11,266 posts
  •  
Fields
I’m off to see Wilding next week!
19 Jun
11:28pm, 19 Jun 2024
54,184 posts
  •  
McGoohan
Ditto. Sis-in-law went to the actual farm on Monday for a look around.
20 Jun
4:04pm, 20 Jun 2024
21,668 posts
  •  
Chrisull
@Fields Green border does definitely look up my street, thanks for pointing it out. Can't remember if I've seen Europa Europa by her, but it rings a bell.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Nellers
A series of still images which, when shown on a screen, create the illusion of moving image.

Here is a Wiki, the fiendish creation of HappyG(rrr)
http://www.fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=538

Here, you can record your recommendations (or otherwise!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you ever need to know if something is available on streaming, I can recommend justwatch.com

It tells you which platforms things are on and whether they are free and if not, gives their rental and purchase prices