Hell on the Humber 12 Hour Race

4 watchers
Aug 2012
9:04pm, 4 Aug 2012
24 posts
  •  
Naffito
two weeks time and I know I will be wondering what the hell I am doing.
We will be taking our tent again this year (jonnyk and I) and people are more than welcome to dump any kit in there
weather for this night is saying cloudy so far, so fingers crossed!
Aug 2012
8:19am, 6 Aug 2012
13,537 posts
  •  
hellen
Hi, I'm in agsin, would be handy to have somewhere dry to keep a change of kit

Did 60 miles last year , hoping for another lap this year
Aug 2012
8:42am, 6 Aug 2012
1,738 posts
  •  
samson
I'm there again....but training has been worse than last year - no motivation at the moment......still, looking to take it steadier and beat last years 52 miles.....
Aug 2012
10:21pm, 6 Aug 2012
26 posts
  •  
Naffito
I'm just hoping i don't die. Lol. But not lol!
Hellen your more than welcome to share the tent!
Aug 2012
7:51am, 7 Aug 2012
13,540 posts
  •  
hellen
Thanks, how big is tent? Will try to pack light!!
Aug 2012
9:44am, 7 Aug 2012
1,739 posts
  •  
samson
Off for my longest training run since April I think.......12/13 miles round Louth!!
Aug 2012
9:31pm, 7 Aug 2012
27 posts
  •  
Naffito
It's a Quechua 3xl and there's 4 of us so should be more than enough room for a dozen backpack sized bags and possibly a sleeping space

How was Louth samson? We are in Wales at the minute so been doing a bit of hill running/crawling/stopping for breath an rolling back down!
Aug 2012
9:51pm, 7 Aug 2012
1,740 posts
  •  
samson
Louth was great...only live 20mins drive away and never run round it.....nice to run up some hills!!
Run cut short to 10 and a bit but I'm happy.....I won't be pulling up any trees next weekend but if I can beat last years 52 miles I'll be happy :)
Aug 2012
10:00pm, 7 Aug 2012
28 posts
  •  
Naffito
I'm sure you will now you've experienced it

As a spectator last year I think I'll do more miles this year, and consume less pizza
We live in Scunthorpe so could of done the bridge as training or Lincoln hills....but I generally try to avoid hills. I get to the bottom, heave a big sigh, and look for a route around, worse still when we run together because it means jonnyk has to push 5 stone of children and pushchairs up the hills
Aug 2012
9:44pm, 14 Aug 2012
8 posts
  •  
JonnyK
Really looking forward to the weekend. I've not trained as much as last year so I last years 48 miles will not be getting beaten!Can't wait to run with the wife this year (naffito) but she has just informed me that it will be 27 degrees saturday day!Hopefully there will be a nice breeze.

About This Thread

Maintained by Naffito
two weeks time and I know I will be wondering what the hell I am doing.
We will be taking our tent ...