Heatwave - are clubs cancelling club runs etc

6 watchers
Jul 2022
10:06pm, 18 Jul 2022
5,141 posts
  •  
Snoot
Training went ahead tonight (Cockermouth so Amber not Red) but was adapted so we didn't cover the same distance or intensity as usual.

5k on the Harbourside is still going ahead tomorrow too.
Jul 2022
10:13pm, 18 Jul 2022
18,277 posts
  •  
Autumnleaves
We're holding a training session tomorrow but non-running. We're using the track centre grass for some low intensity strength and stretching for those that choose to come.
Jul 2022
11:22pm, 18 Jul 2022
1,445 posts
  •  
paulcook
Not sure if our training is on this week. But still looks like Wednesday's race going ahead.

As for tonight, I ran 4 miles fairly easy after 10pm and I'd say that it was still about the hottest run of the year.
Jul 2022
8:06am, 19 Jul 2022
751 posts
  •  
Shades
My club had their usual Monday evening run last night, followed by a group swim in the river.

(I didn't go as I never train with the club)
Jul 2022
11:14am, 19 Jul 2022
2,927 posts
  •  
Lesley C
I have cancelled our session tonight. It's already 30 degrees in my part of NE Scotland, far too hot to do anything.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by rf_fozzy
We're debating over whether it's right to have our usual club run on tues due to the extreme temperatures forecast.

Or to at least mitigate to a woodland route or perhaps go later.

Because obviously we have a duty of care to the runners who attend.

Interested to hear what other clubs are doing please