•  
RunningRonnie
Doesn't look like it sadly ๐Ÿ˜•
Nov 2022
8:04pm, 19 Nov 2022
95,446 posts
  •  
Hanneke
-2 here, so I have turned the electric oil filled small radiator on on its lowest setting, to avoid temperatures in my Passivhaus building dropping in the single digits. I don't have damp/condensation issues there, because of the insulation, but I have things in there that don't want to be too cold!

In the haus: heat on at 17 this morning, until I left. It crept from 14 to 16.5 in an hour. Turned dehumidifier on when I came home and hung the laundry up. Humidity jumped from 70% to 75%!

Now the fire is lit and things are comfy without having to turn the heat up beyond 17. Fire helps dry the laundry and bring the humidity back down.
Nov 2022
8:23pm, 19 Nov 2022
7,537 posts
  •  
Fields
I now have heating. Spoke to a mate, managed to add some more pressure to boiler using the Boost button on the thermostat and the boiler controls I get the heating to come on.

Iโ€™m not entirely sure what Iโ€™ve done but it works and Iโ€™ll take that for now, while I figure out the radiator valves
Nov 2022
8:25pm, 19 Nov 2022
7,538 posts
  •  
Fields
Using it on boost has its drawbacks I suppose, the main one being I canโ€™t have it on at a low level when Iโ€™m away in the winter. But that doesnโ€™t happen that often.
Nov 2022
8:26pm, 19 Nov 2022
7,539 posts
  •  
Fields
Hope yours is sorted soon RR
Nov 2022
8:30pm, 19 Nov 2022
212 posts
  •  
Boffin
How annoying RR ๐Ÿ˜” It is hugely frustrating to think you have the solution, invest in a fix only to later learn the fix didnt work.

Unfortunately trying to identify your specific boiler fault, you have to rule out the most obvious faults first until you eventually find the actual fault.

Did your engineer have anything to offer as to why changing the control unit did not solve it?

Unless you are happy there was a fault with the controller, I would be expecting your engineer to take that back and only charge you for their installation time.

Quite the jump in humidity there Hanneke... at least you know your laundry is drying ....๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ‘
Nov 2022
8:33pm, 19 Nov 2022
95,451 posts
  •  
Hanneke
Boffin, the chapel has always been like that! The fire and dehumidifier are much needed... I am heating the house for the house, not myself...
Nov 2022
10:22pm, 19 Nov 2022
213 posts
  •  
Boffin
I think you are very wise Hanneke; as I am sure you know, building repairs can be very costly - even more annoying if they could have been avoided.๐Ÿ™„
Nov 2022
4:43pm, 20 Nov 2022
2,473 posts
  •  
RunningRonnie
How annoying RR ๐Ÿ˜” It is hugely frustrating to think you have the solution, invest in a fix only to later learn the fix didnt work. Unfortunately trying to identify your specific boiler fault, you have to rule out the most obvious faults first until you eventually find the actual fault. Did your engineer have anything to offer as to why changing the control unit did not solve it? Unless you are happy there was a fault with the controller, I would be expecting your engineer to take that back and only charge you for their installation time. Quite the jump in humidity there Hanneke... at least you know your laundry is drying ....๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ‘

When we sent him a snap of the error again he said something about it being a different error and to hit reset.

Strangely it seems fine today, so gonna give it a day or so to see how it goes. Very confused.
Nov 2022
5:25pm, 20 Nov 2022
214 posts
  •  
Boffin
A different error RR? Do you trust them? You did the reset and all seems well... maybe they were right - who knows.

If it is working now after the reset, maybe they have a point.... trust it is working for longer than previously?

Fingers crossed for you :)

About This Thread

Maintained by NDWDave
Not yet