Heart Rate Monitors
11:25am, 13 Dec 2013
icelandic trigirlSo, I'm a fairly average triathlete, 35yo triathlete and I don't go in much for gizmos. I've been relying on a very simple kids' digital watch which has a stopwatch and I finally got a smartphone to "mapmyrun". I'm wondering whether it is worth it to get a heart rate monitor. I'm not sure I see the need but will it actually make a difference? I have a suspicion I train too hard (I'm impatient and want to finish my target!)
Will it help me? Will it distract me? Will it just be stuck in a drawer and ignored?
8:58am, 15 Dec 2013
doopyI believe they can be very helpful/useful. Make sure you get one with a chest strap suitable for a women's frame. I had one but because the strap didn't fit properly the contact was lost and i used to get some weird and wonderful readings.
About This Thread
- Heart rate Oct 2023
- Polarized training Sep 2023
- Daniels Running Formula. The Definitive Wire. Jul 2023
- Low Resting/ High Training Heart Rate Jan 2021
- No limit to the benefits of exercise in reducing the risk of cardiovascular disease Jan 2021
- Resetting Max Heart Rate Dec 2020
- Resting Heart Rate: Is it normal Oct 2020
- Heart rate zones Jul 2020
- Running Heart rate Jun 2020
- Heart Rate monitors Jun 2020
Buy a Fetch buff
Order now for immediate dispatch!
Join us in 2024 for a part-virtual, part-gathering endurance event to celebrate 20 years of Fetcheveryone!
See all your training overlaid on one interactive map. A great way to remember everywhere you've been
Race Listings League
Which Fetchies have done the most to make our race listings as awesome as they are?