Heart Rate Monitors

1 watcher
Dec 2013
11:25am, 13 Dec 2013
486 posts
  •  
icelandic trigirl
So, I'm a fairly average triathlete, 35yo triathlete and I don't go in much for gizmos. I've been relying on a very simple kids' digital watch which has a stopwatch and I finally got a smartphone to "mapmyrun". I'm wondering whether it is worth it to get a heart rate monitor. I'm not sure I see the need but will it actually make a difference? I have a suspicion I train too hard (I'm impatient and want to finish my target!)

Will it help me? Will it distract me? Will it just be stuck in a drawer and ignored?
Dec 2013
8:58am, 15 Dec 2013
88 posts
  •  
doopy
I believe they can be very helpful/useful. Make sure you get one with a chest strap suitable for a women's frame. I had one but because the strap didn't fit properly the contact was lost and i used to get some weird and wonderful readings.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

So, I'm a fairly average triathlete, 35yo triathlete and I don't go in much for gizmos. I've been...