•  
bonners
Thank you fetch, that sounds ideal for me and my crappy old Sony phone 👍
Jul 2021
2:36pm, 26 Jul 2021
1,006 posts
  •  
Big_G
Thanks Larkim/SPR, I have just installed that data field on my watch. It'll be interesting to see the differences, which I have always thought were quite substantial for me (i.e., the wrist sensor is way out).
Jul 2021
3:47pm, 26 Jul 2021
12,370 posts
  •  
chunkywizard
Fetch, I've just looked at your new page and I see that you state the values are actually the top value of each range, ie I have Zone 5 set to up to 158bpm and Max HR as 172bpm

This doesn't make sense to me, as, with Max Heart, you are effectively having 6 zones as opposed to Garmin's 5. With Garmin, the top end of zone 5 *is* Max HR. It definitely makes more sense to me to have the numbers you set as the lower boundary of the zone, rather than the upper one.

Obviously I can adjust it so the zone 5 value = the same as the Max HR value, but then why have both sliders?
Jul 2021
3:57pm, 26 Jul 2021
22,969 posts
  •  
Dvorak
Six zones - it's the Great Leap Forward!

I was fairly happy with the three - keeping it simple - though sometimes I fancied another low zone which could show a harder bike, or even walk, effort (these very seldom leaving the easy hr zone). But I can use 6 :-)

And thanks for the +- Fetch, the sliders were impossible on the phone.
Jul 2021
10:47pm, 26 Jul 2021
26,327 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
I've adjusted it so that they are "Upwards of X bpm" - so it fits with the five zone model.
Jul 2021
9:14am, 27 Jul 2021
26,328 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
Individual training runs should now have five coloured zones on the main HR graph e.g:

fetcheveryone.com/t-19450873

Likewise, the monthly summary should now show you the time spent in each HR zone:

fetcheveryone.com/training-month.php
Jul 2021
9:27am, 27 Jul 2021
12,377 posts
  •  
chunkywizard
brilliant Fetch, thanks very much :-)
Jul 2021
9:56am, 27 Jul 2021
26,331 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
No worries :-)
Jul 2021
12:31pm, 27 Jul 2021
7,206 posts
  •  
paul the builder
Does the monthly summary work right? If calculated off HR time-in-zone it seems wrong. It mentions pace too - is it calculated from time-at-pace instead?
Jul 2021
12:40pm, 27 Jul 2021
26,334 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
Can you offer some more details please?

About This Thread

Maintained by Elderberry
Everything you need to know about training with a heart rate monitor. Remember the motto "I can maintain a fast pace over the race distance because I am an Endurance God". Mind the trap door....

Gobi lurks here, but for his advice you must first speak his name. Ask and you shall receive.

A quote:

"The area between the top of the aerobic threshold and anaerobic threshold is somewhat of a no mans land of fitness. It is a mix of aerobic and anaerobic states. For the amount of effort the athlete puts forth, not a whole lot of fitness is produced. It does not train the aerobic or anaerobic energy system to a high degree. This area does have its place in training; it is just not in base season. Unfortunately this area is where I find a lot of athletes spending the majority of their seasons, which retards aerobic development. The athletes heart rate shoots up to this zone with little power or speed being produced when it gets there." Matt Russ, US International Coach