Heart rate

1 lurker | 298 watchers
May 2020
11:13am, 24 May 2020
247 posts
  •  
Shades
I don't remember them running out of water. From memory it was warmish for that time of year, I might be wrong there as I just looked up my race list and it was November.
I didn't mind the subways except direction wise I hadn't a clue where I was or where I was going. Not that unusual really for me, I suppose! 🤔
SPR
Jun 2020
9:02am, 2 Jun 2020
30,182 posts
  •  
SPR
I've asked for beats per mile to be added to the header summary for run on suggest a feature. Currently I can only see it via the log summary.

I know the trend is generally where it's at, but I'm sure those who use it have a level where they know it means they're in good shape
SPR
Jun 2020
9:07am, 2 Jun 2020
30,183 posts
  •  
SPR
And the trend thing just got me thinking that a rolling beats per mile graph would be good.

Based on the same range as the other rolling graphs.

Thoughts?
Jun 2020
10:22am, 2 Jun 2020
16,565 posts
  •  
Bazoaxe
I like those ideas
Jun 2020
8:32pm, 2 Jun 2020
626 posts
  •  
Cog Noscensme AHA
That works for me. I've used B/mi as a quick fitness check for quite a while and the trend would be useful.
SPR
Jun 2020
9:43pm, 2 Jun 2020
30,187 posts
  •  
SPR
fetcheveryone.com/featurevoting

Features 708 and 709
Jun 2020
9:48am, 3 Jun 2020
6,799 posts
  •  
paul the builder
Do we not have a graph like that already? Works in weekly buckets, access under the main "Train" area.

Jun 2020
9:53am, 3 Jun 2020
3,717 posts
  •  
StuH
That's per week rather than a rolling n weeks graph.
Jun 2020
10:34am, 3 Jun 2020
6,800 posts
  •  
paul the builder
?

It *is* a rolling 18 week graph in the sense that with each new week, the oldest one drops off. It's just not strictly a 7-day moving average (whereas some of the other graphs in the same area are - like weekly run distance, or weekly run days).
SPR
Jun 2020
11:01am, 3 Jun 2020
30,188 posts
  •  
SPR
Rolling line would work well.

Also I like the idea of it being rolling weekly over n weeks (mine is set at 4 for weekly miles with a graph timescale of 20 weeks)

About This Thread

Maintained by Elderberry
Everything you need to know about training with a heart rate monitor. Remember the motto "I can maintain a fast pace over the race distance because I am an Endurance God". Mind the trap door....

Gobi lurks here, but for his advice you must first speak his name. Ask and you shall receive.

A quote:

"The area between the top of the aerobic threshold and anaerobic threshold is somewhat of a no mans land of fitness. It is a mix of aerobic and anaerobic states. For the amount of effort the athlete puts forth, not a whole lot of fitness is produced. It does not train the aerobic or anaerobic energy system to a high degree. This area does have its place in training; it is just not in base season. Unfortunately this area is where I find a lot of athletes spending the majority of their seasons, which retards aerobic development. The athletes heart rate shoots up to this zone with little power or speed being produced when it gets there." Matt Russ, US International Coach