Health insurance - do any of them give you credit for being fit? :-)

3 watchers
Feb 2018
11:39am, 22 Feb 2018
28,352 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
I'm surprised I haven't read more about this before, but do any of the private health insurers do anything to benefit fit folk (like us)?

e.g. free gym membership, regular MOT (e.g. annual fitness check), regular servicing (e.g. quarterly physio even if not injured, monthly sports massage, even if not injured) etc.

Or

Just a significant discount if you can prove that you maintain a reasonable level of activity - not sure how they would police that? Fitbit or other step counter? Or events completed? Or self attested activity log?

Surely there must be a huge benefit to them to encourage healthy living to reduce their costs? :-) G
Feb 2018
11:51am, 22 Feb 2018
7,612 posts
  •  
becca7
Vitality does this but I'm not a member so I'm not sure of how much of a benefit it is.
Feb 2018
11:52am, 22 Feb 2018
2,137 posts
  •  
StuH
Vitality used to do all that years ago when I was a member. I think they still do but not to the same extent, they must have been making a loss the benefits were so generous.
Feb 2018
8:54pm, 22 Feb 2018
12,559 posts
  •  
Bazoaxe
I had a colleague who used to twirl his pedometer on his finger during meetings as it registered more steps and earned him more vitality points.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by HappyG(rrr)
I'm surprised I haven't read more about this before, but do any of the private health insu...