Headspace. Any thoughts?

21 watchers
May 2020
10:34am, 24 May 2020
36,352 posts
  •  
Nellers
I do, although mostly for the sleep sounds and sleep routines these days. I don't think I've done more than half a dozen mindfulness sessions this year. I really should get back to it.

Well done on your streak, and good that you're feeling a change for the better. Are you able to express what that breakthrough looks/feels like?
May 2020
10:40am, 24 May 2020
427 posts
  •  
Rrunner
Well done on the streak.

I stopped using Headspace ages ago. When I do now I tend to use the breathing activity on the Garmin with some relaxing music on Spotify. Like Nellers I've not done much recently and need to get back into it.
May 2020
11:09am, 24 May 2020
923 posts
  •  
Captain Malcolm Reynolds
I guess what you use to aid practice isn’t as important as the actual practice itself. Using an app or music is just as good. I do between 40 & 90 minutes of formal practice per day on the cushion, but there’s also a fair amount of informal practice too. I use an app that rings every hour to remind you to do a brief, 3 breath, practice.

It’s difficult to explain, Nellers, because the experience/feelings are so personal & unique. I can try if you want though 😀
May 2020
11:12am, 24 May 2020
36,353 posts
  •  
Nellers
40-90 minutes a day? Blimey, when I was regular with headspace I was doing maybe 2 of the 10 minute sessions a day.

I don't want to pry, mate. I just wondered how you'd describe that breakthrough. That it is happening and makes a difference to you is plenty.
May 2020
11:13am, 24 May 2020
17,524 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
CMR what is this app?
I definitely need to get back into the habit
May 2020
11:33am, 24 May 2020
924 posts
  •  
Captain Malcolm Reynolds
EP: The apps I use are Insight Timer for timing meditation. It has thousands of guided meditations on from many different traditions. There are different groups you can join on there & set up too. The hourly bell is part of the Plum Village: Zen meditation App, it’s from a Vietnamese Zen tradition. There are other apps that time meditation, these are the two I use.

Nellers: not a problem, you’re not prying at all 😀. The important thing is....I’ve thought/felt that I’ve had breakthroughs before, but they’ve not been, they’ve just been very short lived experiences. So it’s quite possible that’s what’s happened again today. It felt quieter, less mind activity, when thoughts did arise they fell away quite quickly rather than staying & leading off on a train of thought. There was also a greater feeling of peace & calm than I’d felt before. If things stay like this in meditation, great. If they don’t stay, great. It’s all good.
May 2020
12:40pm, 24 May 2020
17,525 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
I have insight timer! I used it whilst teaching when meditation was very much part of daily life for me

No idea why I stopped a regular practice

Thanks. 🧘‍♂️🙏
May 2020
12:58pm, 24 May 2020
50,122 posts
  •  
GlennR
I'm still here. 1,280 days. I like the packs in Headspace.
May 2020
2:06pm, 24 May 2020
925 posts
  •  
Captain Malcolm Reynolds
Is that consecutive Glenn? It’s a great number of days!
May 2020
2:08pm, 24 May 2020
926 posts
  •  
Captain Malcolm Reynolds
I started meditating 15 years ago EP, stopped and started a few times. Some cos I got bored, some I have no idea why. It’s only this time practice seems to have stuck.

About This Thread

Maintained by GlennR
For Headspace users and the curious. The website is here:

headspace.com