BETTER WITHOUT ADS? Become a voluntary supporter
Hayfever treatment for children
2:17pm, 7 May 2011
Mrs mjbIcemaiden - this method might help - No 1 daughter uses it (shes 12 now and been doing it for a few years). She takes a big mouthful of drink, pops in the tablet and then keeps drinking. She did take bribery for the 1st set of tablets she had - she chose a big bag of sweets and if she swallowed the tablet with no problems then she got a sweet. She learnt that if it went well she was rewarded. After that I told her that 'as she was a big girl now and could swallow tablets she would not need the sweets next time'. She tried it on a few times after, but, I just reminded her that she managed before so there was no need to get worked up.
About This Thread
Maintained by icemaiden
- Running for children
- Exercise induced urticaria (spots!)
- Struggling with breathing outside - Is it the heat?
- exercise-induced anaphylaxis
- hayfever tabs
- Hayfever watch - have you got hayfever??
- Food intolerance to yeast, sugar (all types), most dairy, mushrooms anything fermemted