Harrogate Town Centre 10K 2012

5 watchers
Jul 2012
9:54am, 24 Jul 2012
1,584 posts
  •  
Northern Exile
There are definitely worse out there, most people think the fast descents make up for the little bumps on the Harrogate 10K :-)
Jul 2012
10:03am, 24 Jul 2012
47,678 posts
  •  
Puddington
I was looking for you on Sunday, NE. I just supported in the end. Were you there?
Jul 2012
10:17am, 24 Jul 2012
1,585 posts
  •  
Northern Exile
I'm sorry m8, I wasn't :-( A good friend had his BGR attempt on Friday/Saturday and I was up in the Lakes for that, then on the Sunday I had to do an emergency recce of Leg 3 as a bloke from Settle has asked me support HIS attempt this coming weekend and I needed to check a bit of the route. I felt bad about it, but on balance not too bad - I've done a lot for the Harrogate 10K one way or another and I was sure it was going to go pretty well without me :-) Hope you are OK. Get out in that sunshine if you can :-)
Jul 2012
10:26am, 24 Jul 2012
47,679 posts
  •  
Puddington
No worries, I was just hoping to say hello if you were there :-)

I was busy supporting the superb turn out from our club anyway. Enjoyed it (but you need to get the Yorkshire Teabags back in the goody bag for next year!)

I'm ok, thank you :-)
Jul 2012
10:34am, 24 Jul 2012
1,586 posts
  •  
Northern Exile
I was hoping to say hi too, sorry I missed you. Yes, I was looking at how many CA runners there were - cracking turn out from you lot, please convey our thanks for the brilliant support. I was very pleased to have runners from further afield turn up as well, basically I spent an evening compiling a mail shot to every running club I could think of (including a lot further South) and some of them came!

You know, I don't know what happened to the teabags. Normally, Betty's/Taylors support the race but for some reason it didn't happen this year. I was responsible for [cough] the water and the Fuel2Go energy bars so can't take the blame!
Jul 2012
10:48am, 24 Jul 2012
47,680 posts
  •  
Puddington
I would have been dissatisfied with a buff, they aren't my thing, so I'm glad I didn't run ;-)

Was it a course record for men and women? 1st lady looked super.
Jul 2012
11:02am, 24 Jul 2012
1,587 posts
  •  
Northern Exile
Well, for what it's worth I thought the buffs were a quantum improvement on the keyrings from last year :-)

Yes, two new course records. Mens by a few seconds, but I think it was nearly a minute off the ladys. I'm told that she (Charlene Thomas) is actually a 1500m runner and has been stricken by injury over the last year. Word is that if it hadn't been for that, she might have been wearing a GB vest in London very soon.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Northern Exile
Entries for the Harrogate Town Centre 10K are now open:

http://www.harrogate-harriers.co.uk/harro...