Happy To Chat

10 watchers
Nov 2019
7:51pm, 8 Nov 2019
14,148 posts
  •  
Rosehip
talking to strangers you don't expect to ever see again is much less hard than talking to people that you are introduced to and may be expected to "befriend" - well for me anyway. I can talk to random people in cafes or on buses the other end of the country, put me in a room full of friends of friends/family/acquaintances and I'm useless.
Nov 2019
7:51pm, 8 Nov 2019
14,149 posts
  •  
Rosehip
except for Fetchies - it's easy to chat to Fetchies :)
Nov 2019
8:21pm, 8 Nov 2019
58,285 posts
  •  
swittle
Liverpool's world famous for folk spontaneously striking up conversations. On the beach today, I stopped near a man taking photos of the sea & sunset. He started up at once about the lack of decent sunsets. I spotted his hearing aids but he gently reminded me that he lip read.

Lost track of the number of people who've asked me why I'm not running!
Nov 2019
9:35pm, 8 Nov 2019
33,202 posts
  •  
Night-owl
I'm so much like Rosehip
Nov 2019
11:14pm, 8 Nov 2019
3,293 posts
  •  
Surrey Phil
I usually find myself (and I'm sure others do too) chatting to strangers at races. Either on the walk-in, during pre-race time and, after a few miles, striking up a conversation with someone running at your pace.
WA
Nov 2019
11:51pm, 8 Nov 2019
6,314 posts
  •  
WA
Yes I do that. That's normal though. I think it's the sitting on a bench that makes me recoil. It also makes me think of that drama warm up where you sit on a bench and ad lib a character.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
I’ve just discovered that the town near us has installed a ‘Happy To Chat’ bench to combat lon...