Hanging out the washing thread

52 watchers
May 2020
4:32pm, 27 May 2020
8,349 posts
  •  
leaguefreak
We forgot to put a wash on while we were out for our walk. We've done a load and it's just gone out. May be ready for the airing cupboard by bedtime.
Gus
May 2020
6:43pm, 27 May 2020
1,679 posts
  •  
Gus
my washing is up to date but the ironing pile is growing
May 2020
8:50pm, 27 May 2020
8,355 posts
  •  
leaguefreak
It was dry enough for the airing cupboard. Duvet cover in machine with timer on ready to go overnight.
May 2020
11:57am, 28 May 2020
3,069 posts
  •  
12barDavid
Another load of washing on the line early this morning. Once again the sun 🌞 is beating down from a cloudless sky.
May 2020
12:51pm, 28 May 2020
42,323 posts
  •  
Derby Tup
Hot here and about to peg out

I kind of miss pegging out in full winter clothing then coming in to warm my hands in a bowl of hot water

#penninepeggerforlife
May 2020
12:52pm, 28 May 2020
5,397 posts
  •  
1step2far
Towels out :-)
May 2020
2:26pm, 28 May 2020
40,768 posts
  •  
Lip Gloss
I have washing out and it's dry although we have very little sun today - it's humid.

ION I bought replacement descaler cartridges for my steam generator in the hopes that will stop the brown powder marks I occassionally get on my clothes. Reading about it I was supposed to replace every 3 months or so if you live in a hard water area which we don't but 6 years was probably stretching a bit. I even had to Google how to replace it ;-)
May 2020
3:08pm, 28 May 2020
3,070 posts
  •  
12barDavid
A steam generator Lip Gloss! What the hell is that, I’ve never heard of one of them before.

It sounds like some old machine from the early day’s of the Industrial Revolution. Did poor orphans operate them & have to be careful not get tangled in the machinery?

I’ll have to Google this, over a cup of tea 🍵 tea of course.
May 2020
8:26pm, 28 May 2020
4,007 posts
  •  
Surrey Phil
Washing out since lunchtime and ready to come in. Daughter's bedding can go straight back on the bed too.
WA
May 2020
9:12pm, 28 May 2020
6,918 posts
  •  
WA
Everything here has dried perfectly and gone straight back in drawers. Only 1 thing to add to the ironing pile.

About This Thread

Maintained by Jock Itch
For lovers of the art of hanging the washing out:

Weather forecast: Shall I hang my washing or not ? Check here:

bbc.co.uk

Terminology: 'Fluffing' -- Going out and runninng your hands over the washing just to feel whether still moist. Sometimes not needed but we all like to fluff

'Melvyn' - where you run you fingers through your washing, you think it's damp but you're not sure. It could be dry. You leave out or take in? you've done a Melvyn'.

Also for sharing photos of 'Extreme pegging'. Plastic or wooden they are all embraced here :)

lifeyourway.net Some top tips to help increase your enjoyment of this wonderful past time :)