Hanging out the washing thread

46 watchers
14 May
12:19pm, 14 May 2022
8230 posts
  •  
Surrey Phil
Two loads out. Just hoping that there won't be any local barbecues this afternoon.
24 May
11:42am, 24 May 2022
8263 posts
  •  
Surrey Phil
Weather looks sunny and breezy. However, this afternoon's forecast is thundery showers. I feel it will have to stay indoors just to avoid any frustrations later.
24 May
1:42pm, 24 May 2022
12925 posts
  •  
Jason1969
Got my load out this morning.

Luckily I spotted the rain so dragged it all in again.

By the time I'd got hung up indoors, the rain had stopped and the sun was out.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Jock Itch
For lovers of the art of hanging the washing out:

Weather forecast: Shall I hang my washing or not ? Check here:

bbc.co.uk

Terminology: 'Fluffing' -- Going out and runninng your hands over the washing just to feel whether still moist. Sometimes not needed but we all like to fluff

'Melvyn' - where you run you fingers through your washing, you think it's damp but you're not sure. It could be dry. You leave out or take in? you've done a Melvyn'.

Also for sharing photos of 'Extreme pegging'. Plastic or wooden they are all embraced here :)

lifeyourway.net Some top tips to help increase your enjoyment of this wonderful past time :)