#HANDOVERHEART

5 watchers
Apr 2013
1:51pm, 17 Apr 2013
2,116 posts
  •  
ReturnoftheJuddi
I would hope people dont feel that way about those who choose not to wear one. I personally would like to wear a ribbon BUT when there was talk yesterday about armbands I knew I wouldnt wear one of those. (What if it chafes?! :-o) There are other reasons people might *choose* not to wear one than heartlessness and that is their business. As my decicison to wear one, is mine.
Apr 2013
1:58pm, 17 Apr 2013
48,904 posts
  •  
Puddington
Agreeded.
Apr 2013
2:00pm, 17 Apr 2013
10,997 posts
  •  
Naomi P
Was the same with the red clown shoe laces they used to hand out. Can't remember what they were for, sure it was a worthy cause, but I couldn't be arsed to unlace and relace two pairs of running shoes for a pair that might come undone every other mile.

Like the idea of a minute's silence. Hope it's a full minute rather than 30 seconds. We're not children and keep our gobs shut for 60 seconds surely.
Apr 2013
3:28pm, 17 Apr 2013
9,807 posts
  •  
Argie
I don't get the 30 seconds silence. Are they worth less than the standard minute?
Apr 2013
8:53pm, 17 Apr 2013
135 posts
  •  
Carlos Fandango Jnr
There was a 3 minute silence after that tsunami the other year, which missed various points of silences for things. In my mind, Remembrance Day covers all of these "mans inhumanity to man" events and we don't need additional silences of varying lengths at other times. Pause, continue.

30 people died in bombings across Iraq on Monday btw.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Argie
In memory and in mutual support of the Boston victims there is a campaign to get runners at VLM to d...