Half Marathon 12 week training schdule

1 watcher
Jul 2015
7:54pm, 11 Jul 2015
First-time poster!!
  •  
Killierun
Looking for some ideas on half training schedule - want to break 1:50 - have 12 weeks. I am an experienced runner - having run many half marathons over the years - and 4 marathons (last one couple years back). At 56 looking for some thoughts from the 'fetch' community rather than just 'running world'. I am a member of a gym and do gym work once a week. Not much into swimming and I cycle 5 miles to work 3-4 times a week. Ideas welcome.
Jul 2015
8:11pm, 11 Jul 2015
2,362 posts
  •  
Ceratonia
You might want to give a bit more detail on some recent race times and what running you currently do. If you did a 45 minute 10k last week off the back of no training, that's probably going to be a different answer compared to someone already who does 50 miles a week.
Jul 2015
8:11pm, 11 Jul 2015
2,363 posts
  •  
Ceratonia
and welcome!
Jul 2015
9:06pm, 11 Jul 2015
1,954 posts
  •  
Drell
I've found Hal Higdon's plans useful in the past, when adapted to suit my personal likes and dislikes. In other words, I use them as inspiration for coming up with something that I think might work for me.

Welcome to Fetch :-)
Jul 2015
10:42pm, 11 Jul 2015
6,417 posts
  •  
Autumnleaves
Welcome :) I like the RW ultimate half schedules - but I only run, if you like cross training then there is a good thread about Furman &many have got really good results with that approach

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
Looking for some ideas on half training schedule - want to break 1:50 - have 12 weeks. I am an expe...