•  
IanRunner
Do you still do 2 Tempo runs each week?
Mar 2020
9:03am, 10 Mar 2020
16,017 posts
  •  
Bazoaxe
I do two quality sessions a week which can include tempo. Mara pace or intervals. Rest is easy sub 75 % max
Mar 2020
11:08am, 10 Mar 2020
1,657 posts
  •  
Brunski
I'm not Hadd training as such so not as strict as that. I just try and balance easy running with more strenuous efforts. In the main I'll run hard every 3 or so days, some being tempo, a bit of threshold, and sometimes a few short intervals (the 30/30 sessions).

When base buulding in Hadd mode I'll try to run for around an hour each day, with a couple of longer runs too, but as soon as these benefits start to drop off I switch to try stretching myself in other ways to suit whatever goal race I'm training for.
Mar 2020
8:50pm, 10 Mar 2020
769 posts
  •  
IanRunner
Looks like it is working well for you both.
Mar 2020
8:17pm, 16 Mar 2020
8,320 posts
  •  
Boab
I think the Hadd 'Big Thread' talked at length about the switch of those sub LT runs with more specific sessions, once you have got all you can out of the "toothpaste tube". Hadd training is about realigning your paces and efforts across the range. Once you have done that using the HADD highly aerobic training, then you start to get specific for the races you are targetting. That was my understanding.
Mar 2020
8:42am, 17 Mar 2020
1,062 posts
  •  
puzzler
I’m planning a return to my own variant of Hadd training for a while. In the absence of any predictable races for a good few months it seems like a good time to work on building the base.

My variant includes a Lydiard hill session each week to build form and strength now that I am getting towards the old git stage of life.
Apr 2020
9:46am, 25 Apr 2020
1,119 posts
  •  
puzzler
A few weeks of 60 mpw under my belt now and built up to two hour long sub LT HR runs per week. I started from a good place so no real improvement but at least I am maintaining fitness. Plan is to keep that up for another 6 weeks and then morph into marathon schedule if marathons look possible in the autumn.
May 2020
7:17pm, 3 May 2020
16,345 posts
  •  
Bazoaxe
Right, I am back on the HADD method. My lockdown running has been close to HADD type approach, decided now to stick to the HRs and see what happens.

Todays LR of 17 was pretty much done at sub 75% max. Went over a few times and had a wee spell when the optical was recording too low.
May 2020
9:00am, 5 May 2020
1,129 posts
  •  
puzzler
I switched up target HR today. I've been doing sub LT HR runs at target of 157bpm and not seeing drift. So I bumped the target up to 160. A noticeable difference in effort but felt ok.
Aug 2020
2:43pm, 3 Aug 2020
35,017 posts
  •  
Hills of Death (HOD)
I’m following this with interest 😉

About This Thread

Maintained by IanRunner
Hadds Methods

angio.net

letsrun.com

letsrun.com