Guns are bad

1 watcher
Oct 2021
8:02am, 22 Oct 2021
40,035 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Pretty bloomin obvious one, of course. I wouldn't expect any dissent really in this intelligent, liberal community.

But Alec Baldwin appears to have accidentally killed someone with a prop gun on a movie set today

bbc.co.uk

Apparently blanks in a gun, are still real cartridges, in a real gun.

yahoo.com

Guns are bad. RIP Halyna Hutchins
Oct 2021
8:10am, 22 Oct 2021
33,856 posts
  •  
Old Croc
Yes I am afraid "blanks" are still dangerous. There is still the powder in a casing, it fires, makes a bang and a flame, gas and flame are emitted through the barrel just no bullet head. That's why troops training have the BFA on the front of weapon. (Blank Fire Attachment). We were shown the effect of this when doing our military skills training. A blank does indeed fire and as this appears to show can cause harm.

Thoughts and prayers to all concerned.
Oct 2021
8:18am, 22 Oct 2021
1,576 posts
  •  
RooA
""Mr Baldwin is a co-producer of the film and plays its namesake, an outlaw whose 13-year-old grandson is convicted of an accidental murder.""

That's... weird.

What a waste of a young woman's life to probably a really stupid accident. My heart goes out to her connections. RIP Halyna Hutchins.
Oct 2021
8:18am, 22 Oct 2021
1,740 posts
  •  
Homeless Kodo
Brandon Lee was killed on the set of The Crow in 1993 by an improperly made blank cartridge bring fired.
Oct 2021
7:32pm, 26 Oct 2021
10,457 posts
  •  
Sigh
bbc.co.uk

"Elsewhere, a T-shirt which declares: "Guns Don't Kill People, Alec Baldwin Kills People" is being sold for $27.99 (£20.32) on a merchandise site linked to Donald Trump Jr, the son of the former US President - who Baldwin has routinely mocked on Saturday Night Live.

Many have criticised the T-shirts but Trump Jr has defended the product, tweeting: "Spare me your fake sanctimony." "

Despicable.
Sep 2022
10:07pm, 8 Sep 2022
25,238 posts
  •  
Angus Clydesdale
Found this thread via "Related Threads" on QEII. Thought you might appreciate this protest song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0Wn3Eey6dY

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by HappyG(rrr)
Pretty bloomin obvious one, of course. I wouldn't expect any dissent really in this intelligent, liberal community.

But Alec Baldwin appears to have accidentally killed someone with a prop gun on a movie set today

bbc.co.uk

Apparently blanks in a gun, are still real cartridges, in a real gun.

yahoo.com

Guns are bad. RIP Halyna Hutchins