Groin pain

2 watchers
May 2012
10:13am, 15 May 2012
2 posts
  •  
PiperBryce
I had to stop running for about 9 months and cycled instead. I had a pain running down the inside of my left groin which didn't give me any weakness or restricked movement but justed pulsed and was quite dull. It healed up after a fewweeks but I have been running slowly for a couple of months, less than 10 miles a week. Last night I used my old shorts and now I have the pain back and I noticed that the shorts had quite a tight inner lining. Does anyone think that this may be a nerve compresion due to the elastic? It is the only thing I have done different and in hindsight I was using the same ones when the pain first developed.
May 2012
11:16am, 15 May 2012
4,164 posts
  •  
RichHL
I don't know about the nerve compression but it would be a good idea to bin the shorts or just use them in the gym.
May 2012
12:35pm, 15 May 2012
4,401 posts
  •  
jonp
Piper, Many years ago I had a similar thing in my right inner groin, and it would flair up occasionally over an 18month period. I eventually found a knot (trigger point) in one of the muscles crossing over the hip, once I worked it out it's been great ever since.

So I'd check for knots at the least, since it is something that is very easy to do yourself (even though it is a little painful). After healing make sure you build up with some gradual strength work around your hip areas (groins seem to be notorious for easily re-injury after a strain).
May 2012
2:56pm, 15 May 2012
3 posts
  •  
PiperBryce
Thank you for the response. RichHL I will certainly be very careful in future what I do with them. Jonp thank you, something worth trying.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
I had to stop running for about 9 months and cycled instead. I had a pain running down the inside of...