BETTER WITHOUT ADS? Become a voluntary supporter

Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Grep's Prog Corner

1 lurker | 26 watchers
12 Feb
2:50pm, 12 Feb 2021
4240 posts
12barDavid
I forgot, the great bassist on the YouTube clip is Stanley Clarke. I’m no good at copy & paste, but there’s a YouTube clip of his band playing “Schooldays” on OGWT. Marvellous stuff.
13 Feb
2:57pm, 13 Feb 2021
5439 posts
Dai Bank
12bD I got to Mahavishnu via Graham Bond Organisation iirc. JM was in that and Green Onions was played somewhere and as it was a tad different to the Booker T version I found an old MONO album of Bond in a bargain bucket and heard JM playing. Then MO on OGWT sold it and off to buy Birds of Fire went I. I have that album on about 4 or 5 different formats so can play it almost anywhere lol
13 Feb
6:09pm, 13 Feb 2021
4247 posts
12barDavid
Hello Dai, you'd probably need a huge sheet of paper to work out the family tree of bands that sprung up with members of Graham Bond's groups. Jon Hiseman, Dick Heckstall-Smith, Jack Bruce, Ginger Baker, John McLaughlin. Crikey, the list goes on & on.

I didn't know that Graham Bond committed suicide though till I looked it up this afternoon.
3 Mar
9:36am, 3 Mar 2021
28675 posts
macca 53
A former work colleague is appearing on Mastermind next Monday - speciality subject King Crimson 😮
3 Mar
9:57am, 3 Mar 2021
7307 posts
Eynsham Red
I’ll have to do some cramming Macca!

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by GregP
The original prog wire, now incorporating "Moldy Fig: The Fetchland Jazz Wire" and "Dais of Future Passed: Dai's Proper Music Wire".

Ninety minutes from New York to Paris.