Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Grep's Prog Corner

25 watchers
20 Oct
7:05pm, 20 Oct 2020
5392 posts
Dai Bank
Such a shame that he is gone, good innings though compared to some rockers we have lost recently
20 Oct
8:07pm, 20 Oct 2020
68938 posts
swittle
Reggae links: Chris Blackwell signed & produced The Spencer Davis Group; Jackie Edwards, ska & R & B musican & songwriter, wrote 'Somebody Help Me ' and 'Keep On Running'.
21 Oct
1:03pm, 21 Oct 2020
5393 posts
Dai Bank
According to the Obit I read signing with Blackwell was the worst thing he could have done. No money until an out of court settlement many years later resulted in some payment of royalties, despite working for Island in A & R promoting Stevie Winwood amid others.
Maybe the odd barracuda is still swimming in the music industry...
6 Nov
7:17pm, 6 Nov 2020
6605 posts
Eynsham Red
A work colleague’s son’s band have just released their first “single”. They are Never Free and strongly influenced by 70’s rock. I had a listen and it took me right back to my yoof!
l.facebook.com
6 Nov
7:18pm, 6 Nov 2020
6606 posts
Eynsham Red
That link should redirect to Spotify. If not search them out on Spotify.
28 Nov
7:16pm, 28 Nov 2020
5418 posts
Dai Bank
Reading about being taken back to youth I am on my 3rd or 4th watch of the Sky Arts programme about Nick Mason and Saucerful of Secrets. Back in 1969 or 1970 my classmate brought in a couple of albums belonging to his older brother, one was Piper at the Gates of Dawn and at 13 or 14 I thought it was fantastic. Bought that and Saucerful... some years later as a double album reissue offer on vinyl and played it death despite the then new and still Mrs DB not being a fan.
Keeps taking me back to a cold classroom with spotty youngsters with long hair nodding along to weird psychedelic rock in the days before Xmas when no-one wanted to teach you as term was just about to finish.
Mrs DB has just told me that I have the double album and DVD for Xmas so can I please delete the recording! You can guess my answer!!!!

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by Little town of Greplehem
The original prog wire, now incorporating "Moldy Fig: The Fetchland Jazz Wire" and "Dais of Future Passed: Dai's Proper Music Wire".

Ninety minutes from New York to Paris.