Greater Manchester Marathon 2020

36 watchers
jda
Jul 2020
2:25pm, 14 Jul 2020
7,874 posts
  •  
jda
Yorkshire marathon (18th Oct) is still on for now....I would think something the scale of Langdale (I've entered the half) or Windermere would be a better bet though, being small and enough that they could plausibly cope with distancing requirements.
jda
Jul 2020
2:26pm, 14 Jul 2020
7,875 posts
  •  
jda
You're a spring chicken Mark with many years of sub-3s ahead of you!
Jul 2020
2:32pm, 14 Jul 2020
11,511 posts
  •  
larkim
Ah, my bad - I thought I'd seen something about Yorkshire being cancelled.
jda
Jul 2020
2:34pm, 14 Jul 2020
7,876 posts
  •  
jda
Still taking entries if anyone wants a punt - not quite as fast a course as mancs but pretty flat and there was a strong sub-3 field last year (hint hint Mark).
Jul 2020
2:39pm, 14 Jul 2020
4,010 posts
  •  
Nelly
Manchester were still taking entries as recently as a week ago... so I wouldn't be using Yorkshire mara still being open for entries as an indicator of how likely it is to proceed (not that you said that jda).

I'm pleased the organisers have offered refunds for those who want one, but disappointed that I've already seen at least one person on Facebook talking about contacting their credit card company because it's only "partial"!
Jul 2020
2:46pm, 14 Jul 2020
11,512 posts
  •  
larkim
People are understandably frustrated - perhaps the person getting onto their CC company has had a whole series of financial penalties and this is the last straw for them...

In any event, I'm fairly sure the "no refunds" Ts & Cs would allow Mcr to withstand any credit card payment recalls.
Jul 2020
2:49pm, 14 Jul 2020
1,235 posts
  •  
Roberto
I've claimed the refund. For the sake of £5, I'd rather have the rest of the £60 or whatever it was to enter and I can't defer as my wedding is postponed until 20th March and then have a honeymoon, so don't think my partner would be happy. So only way would be if wedding got postponed again for another wave, however if that happened then the race wouldn't be either.
PK
Jul 2020
2:49pm, 14 Jul 2020
307 posts
  •  
PK
I can't say I'm ecstatic there's an admin fee, but at the same point they will incur costs in the refund process, it's only a fiver and there is the whole 'no refund' policy. On that basis I was okay to accept.

That said, don't know everyone's circumstances....
jda
Jul 2020
2:59pm, 14 Jul 2020
7,877 posts
  •  
jda
Agree re scepticism over yorks, was just thinking of those who were training and still keen to bag a fast time. It’s a hope at least.

Club mate has entered it recently.
Jul 2020
3:20pm, 14 Jul 2020
17,826 posts
  •  
KinkyS
I'm deferring. It's relatively local to me and my family, plus it has a lot of sentimental value to me as an event due to links with my Dad. I'll be back next year hopefully.

About This Thread

Maintained by Nelly
Race CANCELLED (twice) :-(