Greater Manchester Marathon 2019

20 watchers
Apr 2019
3:50pm, 30 Apr 2019
3,885 posts
  •  
Nelly
jda - the list hasn't been updated yet to include those who completed their 4th GMM earlier this month. And even before this years' race it wasn't complete, as I had finished 6 out of 7 events (inc 4 PBs) since it returned in 2012 and am not listed.
Apr 2019
6:06pm, 30 Apr 2019
66 posts
  •  
KeithL
The whole “legends” thing seems a bit haphazard.
Apr 2019
9:03pm, 30 Apr 2019
4,614 posts
  •  
57.5 Degrees of Pain
How many of those races were actually 26.2? ;-)
jda
Apr 2019
9:11pm, 30 Apr 2019
4,363 posts
  •  
jda
All of mine were :-)
jda
Jun 2019
11:47am, 26 Jun 2019
4,706 posts
  •  
jda
So following an odd email exchange with someone who hadn't been able to find my results(?), I have finally been upgraded to "legend" and everyone should probably have got a code for discounted entry and a free t-shirt.
Jun 2019
11:55am, 26 Jun 2019
17,688 posts
  •  
KinkyS
I've had a similar email jda - said they couldn't find my results. It seems that they search for entries by email rather than actually looking at the results themselves, and I entered one year using a different email. This also means that you don't have to run the race 4 times - my Dad is on the legends list having entered 4 times with the same email, but he only actually ran 3 times, he was entered for this year's event but died in January :-(

Sent them links to all years, yet to hear back if I 'qualify'.
jda
Jun 2019
12:15pm, 26 Jun 2019
4,707 posts
  •  
jda
You'd think they might realise that people change emails a bit more frequently than they change their names! Especially when I had already emailed them to say I thought I qualified. Sorry to hear about your dad, that must have been a bit of a shock if he'd been planning on running...
Jun 2019
12:27pm, 26 Jun 2019
3,890 posts
  •  
Nelly
Yep, I received my "Legends" code via email yesterday and entered.

I imagine identifying people with multiple finishes over an 8-year period will be very difficult:-
- I assume their results files will only include name/number (not DOB, email address etc) which is not very helpful for people with "common" names
- or for people who enter with slightly different names (e.g. Andrew and Andy), or with maiden names etc,
- do data protection laws allow the organisers to keep e.g. DOBs (which would be perfect for identifying repeat entrants) for entrants of events that long ago?
- if using email addresses as an identifyer then people often change these (e.g. if they are work related etc)

It must almost be time for the 2020 race thread...
Jun 2019
1:33pm, 26 Jun 2019
17,689 posts
  •  
KinkyS
Thanks jda, yes it was completely unexpected. He collapsed whilst out on a training run. Best way for a runner to go I guess heart
Aug 2019
9:58am, 30 Aug 2019
3,892 posts
  •  
Nelly
2020 race thread created - fetcheveryone.com/viewtopic.php?id=61012

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Nelly
Race date - 7th April 2019

Website - greatermanchestermarathon.com

Fetch Listing - fetcheveryone.com/viewracedetails.php?id=2260811