Great Run British Marathon Series

7 watchers
Apr 2016
3:14pm, 29 Apr 2016
3,236 posts
  •  
Nelly
I'd say they're all possibilities Becca, as they're all big cities without big marathons, and Great Run already have races in two of the four locations.

As my original post, I'd add Newcastle, Bristol, Manchester and Cardiff as other possibilities In all of which, except Cardiff, Great Run have existing races, and therefore have existing agreements in place with the local councils etc.
May 2016
12:06pm, 20 May 2016
3,284 posts
  •  
Nelly
It looks like Great Run are adding a half-marathon to the "Great Manchester Run" next year manchestereveningnews.co.uk Part of me wonders whether it is testing the waters for a full marathon in Manchester in following years...
May 2016
9:10am, 24 May 2016
3,292 posts
  •  
Nelly
It looks like the second of the three Great Run British Marathon Series races will be announced today, and it will be the one in "the north of the country" ... the Stirling Scottish Marathon, 21 May 2017 grc.stg13.com

IMO Great Run appear to have been a little naughty in the scheduling of this race; by putting Great Manchester Run back a week they've arranged the new marathon the week before the likely Edinburgh Marathon date (just 30miles away!).

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Nelly
As part of the announcement of the new Birmingham International Marathon (which I'm surprised doesn...