Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Great North Run

31 watchers
Nov 2010
12:51pm, 25 Nov 2010
111 posts
flyswatter
Sue - I got offered it after last years run as I'd ran it (well, sort of). So offer after 2009 to guarantee 2010,11,12.
Basically stump up a sizeable fee to guarantee that you'll stump up an even more sizeable fee for three entries.
Shocking really, although I have just paid for 2011...
I wouldn't if it wasn't on the doorstep mind.
Nov 2010
3:46pm, 25 Nov 2010
407 posts
The Scribbler
Yes, it's something you get offered once you've run it. Otherwise there are two ballots for entry that usually open in mid January. There's one through a newspaper (Daily Telegraph?) and then the main ballot.

It is a blooming money making scheme, but it's my local race and last year I had to go through the uncertainty of the ballot, so I was already half minded to guarantee my place. And then I had a crappy day and decided to take it out on the credit card ;-) So that's me, signed up for my third Great North Run.
Nov 2010
3:53pm, 25 Nov 2010
112 posts
flyswatter
If they keep offering this, then won't the ballot size decrease or disappear at some point?

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by bigal