5 watchers
Sep 2012
11:13am, 19 Sep 2012
44,619 posts
  •  
plodding hippo
LOL at you lot!

Re the hills

well, we only talak about *that* one at mile 2 and mile 14, but there are others oh yes!

Just think of them as walk breaks

(packs supplemental oxygen)
Sep 2012
1:43pm, 19 Sep 2012
6 posts
  •  
ThePlodder aka Sinatra
Running the Marathon on Saturday myself, what have I let myself in for!!!!!!!

Did this Marathon twice previously and hoping the weather will be good. If you've not done this Marathon before, have a look at the links below from my Garmin, this will show you the hills The first link is the direction in which we will be travelling on Saturday.

Great Langdale Marathon 2008 connect.garmin.com
Great Langdale Marathon 2007 connect.garmin.com

I must admit I've not done much training this time around and the plan is to finish before the sweep vehicle this year.
Sep 2012
2:16pm, 19 Sep 2012
244 posts
  •  
Bret
I'm still confused about the total ascent is it the evevation gain as for ThePlodders first link 2,528 ft as I found another link for someone who did the half

connect.garmin.com from last year which states 2,053 ft for elevation gain.
Probably just the fact I can't work it out as I've had too many carbs today!
Sep 2012
2:29pm, 19 Sep 2012
7 posts
  •  
ThePlodder aka Sinatra
I think that it is to do with the fact that my GPS device (Garmin Forerunner 301) is less accurate than the GPS device used by the runner doing the half marathon in the second link (Garmin Forerunner 205). If you look at my route on the first link posted you'll see both laps aren't exactly the same (i guess that's were my garmin would lose the signal). However, it does still show the hill profile for the course.
Sep 2012
2:34pm, 19 Sep 2012
8 posts
  •  
ThePlodder aka Sinatra
I just noticed that the route for last year is different than the route I posted from my Garmin Profile in 2008, did they change the course slightly perhaps (around loughrigg tarn)?
Sep 2012
3:03pm, 19 Sep 2012
245 posts
  •  
Bret
not sure about the route details, though I seem to remember reading on a report somewhere that it did differ from previous years, but I thought that was the direction.

Would I be right in thinking that if it's 2,053 ft for the half marathon then it would be 4,106 ft for the full?
Sep 2012
4:25pm, 19 Sep 2012
3,712 posts
  •  
WA (Windassisted)
I guess we'll find out on Saturday! At least once you've done lap 1 you'll know what's in store for lap 2!
Sep 2012
8:08am, 20 Sep 2012
246 posts
  •  
Bret
Think I'll be waddling round now with how bloated I feel from carb loading. I've never ate so much and not enjoyed it!! Big fat sunshines on BBC weather for Saturday, making the Beer Garden even more appealing
Sep 2012
8:16am, 20 Sep 2012
107 posts
  •  
Karen T
Weather looks good for Saturday, think I will wear my Guide Dogs T shirt, cos its the only one with my name on it
Good luck everybody :-)
Sep 2012
8:48am, 20 Sep 2012
15,142 posts
  •  
Ultra Kanga Kazzaaaaah!!
Will either be in my red Berlin top or one of my 10in10 tops

About This Thread

Maintained by MabelMoonface
This race has been in my portfolio for a little while and I'm looking forward to the challenge, alt...