Great Eastern Half Marathon 2019 - Cancelled
4:26pm, 13 Oct 2019
Rosehip^ race director explains the decision
- they had to wait for the polic investigation, runners were getting v cold and the road closure times had to be honoured.
Nothing else they could do really. What a nightmare for them.
4:34pm, 13 Oct 2019
ageingtractorHave just got back home (150 miles although I was closer on Sat night) after turning up for the event.
Frustrating for all concerned and I attach no blame to the organisers. The runners were getting very wet and cold so the cancellation probably saved some pulled muscle injuries. At least I got to meet fellow Fetchie Minardi.
A bit galling that the incident is now being confirmed as a false alarm.
5:19pm, 13 Oct 2019
RosehipAwful for you AT
- whoever called the police might be feeling a bit daft, but better a false alarm than something like Boston happening again. Sad times we live in really.
About This Thread
Maintained by FenlandRunner
- Cambridgeshire Half 2019
- Ouse Valley Way Marathon 2019
- St Neots Half
- Cambridge Half new route
- Great Bentley Half Marathon
- Cambridge Half Marathon 2017
- Peterborough Spring Half Marathon
- St Neots Half Marathon 2016
- Ipswich Half Marathon - New Start and now two laps in town
- St Neots Riverside Half Marathon 2015