GPS watch with music

1 watcher
Oct 2021
10:36am, 12 Oct 2021
14,246 posts
  •  
Badger
I've heard Garmin watches can be picky about headphones. Anyone have advice for Tim there?
Oct 2021
10:51am, 12 Oct 2021
15,713 posts
  •  
larkim
I can only report that my cheap headphones work fine with volume control working. However a bluetooth speaker that I have (an Alpkit one) when paired with the watch has only 1 volume level that can't be altered no matter what buttons are pressed on the watch.

As I've not tested it out whilst running I can't comment as to whether the signal watch to headphones works robustly or not.
Oct 2021
12:53pm, 15 Oct 2021
15,753 posts
  •  
larkim
Tried it out running last night. Some occasional bluetooth drop out if my hands dropped lower, mainly due to the design flaw that has the watch on my left wrist and the BT headphones' received on the RHS of my neck. Worked well enough though.
Oct 2021
1:25pm, 15 Oct 2021
9,832 posts
  •  
cathrobinson
I use the Vivoactive 4 with music. It’s not a fully featured running watch, but it’s enough for me to track cross-training and sometimes go for a walk with no phone and just headphones.

You can even download playlists from subscription services such as Spotify or Deezer.
Oct 2021
2:25pm, 15 Oct 2021
1,860 posts
  •  
auburnette
I use the vivoactive 4s too (just a smaller face than the 4), it pairs well with all the headphones I've tried.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Tim of Fife
I am a technophobe.

Is there a watch which will give me....

(a) Distance and time run
(b) Access to pre-loaded music.

Thanks