GPS Watch Update 2015 Thread

14 watchers
Nov 2015
8:19pm, 28 Nov 2015
1,824 posts
  •  
stu8
Yes the 405 was infamous for lots of touch bezel problems its not you!
Nov 2015
8:18pm, 30 Nov 2015
1,828 posts
  •  
stu8
hmmm K5 Gus apps.garmin.com

playing with data fields at weekend and this might help it lets you split one line into 3 items of data the top one includes a clock

you can at most get 7 items on a page but it lets me get all I want on one screen :-)
Nov 2015
9:02pm, 30 Nov 2015
1,524 posts
  •  
K5 Gus
Ooh, thanks for that stu8, I'll have a play with that
Dec 2015
9:33am, 3 Dec 2015
721 posts
  •  
Littlefoot
That's good to know that it's not just me. I will try to play around with it to see if I can get it to work. No luck so far! :-(
Dec 2015
4:06pm, 3 Dec 2015
339 posts
  •  
larkim
Santa looks like he's bringing a Vivoactive for me later this month, but not with a HRM.

Any recommendations for a HRM that can be paired with the Vivoactive that can also be paired (if desired) with strava apps on Android (essential) and iOS (optional)? I've lazily not really googled the underlying tech that the Vivoactive will allow for (I do know it is Ant+, but not sure on bluetooth etc)?
Dec 2015
11:40am, 4 Dec 2015
340 posts
  •  
larkim
Done some googling and it looks like I need a dual band hrm to meet my needs. In the interest of financial expediency I've plumped for a cheap chinese knock off - a "coospo" HRM, sold by Amazon for £20, which appears to meet the brief. Whether it is any good or not remains to be seen, so if it is complete rubbish then the Wahoo TICKR looks like the branded alternative (£50-ish). If I remember I'll report back on the Coospo!
Dec 2015
8:49pm, 4 Dec 2015
1,830 posts
  •  
stu8
:-) I've got a TICK R X its brill connects to my watch and phone at the same timevia blutooth and ant+

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Bru-Bru
I know that "which watch should i buy" is a perennial thread title, but with new products being in...