GP advice - cough cough

1 watcher
Jan 2015
4:06pm, 3 Jan 2015
12,069 posts
  •  
northernslowcoach
I started with a cold on the 3rd of December and had a nasty but non productive cough
Was still coughing quite a lot so made a GP appointment, and the earliest I could get was next Tuesday

My cough is now a lot better and I would feel like I'm wasting the GPs time and I think I should cancel, but I'm getting nagged by colleagues to still go...
Jan 2015
4:11pm, 3 Jan 2015
18,506 posts
  •  
HellsBells
If you're feeling well and the cough is going and you're an otherwise fit and healthy adult there's no reason to see your GP
4-6 weeks is not unusual for a post viral cough to hang about, however if you're older, unwell, losing weight, coughing blood or have any other symptoms or have any other ailment that puts you more at risk such as diabetes or heart disease, then you should go see them
Jan 2015
4:15pm, 3 Jan 2015
12,070 posts
  •  
northernslowcoach
Thanks Hells - I'll ring first thing Monday and cancel

Xx
Jan 2015
4:59pm, 3 Jan 2015
35 posts
  •  
Fragile Do Not Bend
I would be inclined to cancel too, after all you would be turning up and saying "well, I had this cough but it's gone now..."
Jan 2015
5:03pm, 3 Jan 2015
7,284 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Glad your cough is on the mend, I would be inclined to cancel too. Hope mine doesn't last another 2 weeks :(

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by northernslowcoach
I started with a cold on the 3rd of December and had a nasty but non productive cough
Was still cou...