Gosport Half Marathon 2014

6 watchers
Nov 2015
11:34pm, 15 Nov 2015
380 posts
  •  
SailorSteve
Great stuff Clare. I was at one of the bus stops, about 400m from the end of the "into the wind" upper promenade level. Some of the gusts were real "stoppers" and there was always a brutal wind. I reckon 2-4 minute handicap is a little conservative for the top third of the field but I can tell you that it cost the hardy souls at the tail end of the fleet a lot more than that!

What can you do? November on the south coast.......roll-on the Pompey Coastal next month!
Nov 2015
9:25am, 16 Nov 2015
3,326 posts
  •  
clare1976
I probably did grimace at you then Steve as I past you the 2nd time!

I was thinking about the poor souls at the tail end, much respect. I saw how hard they were digging in as I was running along in mile 13, which was sheltered, they were running outward for lap 2 in mile 8 which I really struggled with. I guess the last finishers would have been about 3 hours?
Nov 2015
5:54pm, 16 Nov 2015
381 posts
  •  
SailorSteve
Yep, massive respect to those who gave it their all, sometimes for their 'first' but hopefully not 'last' time. 3:16 was the last runner home, "hard yards" indeed.

Lots of good feedback (apart from serial grizzlers) so the Club is pretty chuffed overall.

Another cracking time for you Clare, what an excellent running year you are having?! Wonderful stuff.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by clare1976
So who else is in? They have now announced the revised course for this year as the airfield is close...