Good for age

3 watchers
Apr 2014
3:34pm, 20 Apr 2014
335 posts
  •  
buzby123
Has anyone heard whether they are tinkering with good for age times again this year?
Apr 2014
8:20am, 21 Apr 2014
158 posts
  •  
The Inspector
Another question to add to this GFA thread. I cross age categories during the year between April 2014 and April 2015, ie this year I ran the VLM in the 41-49 category but next year will be taking a step up to the 50-59 bracket. To qualify for a GFA entry do I need to achieve a GFA for the age I am when I run a particular race or do I need to achieve the GFA time for the age I will be were I to run VLM 2015 even though I may be in the lower age bracket when achieving that time? Hope that makes sense.
Apr 2014
8:24am, 21 Apr 2014
10,582 posts
  •  
paul a
Your age on race day is what matters and I haven't heard any whispers about GFA times changing again. I would be surprised if they did again so soon.
Apr 2014
10:09am, 21 Apr 2014
336 posts
  •  
buzby123
Yep as Paul says, your age on VLM race day is what matters, happened to me last year. Someone on RW reckons they were a volunteer and rumours around that there are too many GFA, how so at around 3500 I don't know, more like they want more charity places to make money out of. I crossed the line at 3:49 and hung around for a friend until 4;55 and it was a lot busier at the later finish time, not too bad at my gfa time so I think it's still ok.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by buzby123
Has anyone heard whether they are tinkering with good for age times again this year?