11:11pm, 21 May 2013
6,029 posts
  •  
The Pilotlight
best sites for pro bike kit are

probikekit
prendas they do all the old retro stuff as well
start cycles often have good deals

also have a look at the pro team websites, they often off load old kit on there relatively cheaply
May 2013
11:27pm, 21 May 2013
61,216 posts
  •  
Hanneke
I second PL's remark about pro team websites... Mate of mine got some excellent kit when one of the German pro teams folded a few years back...

Personally, I struggle to find what I really want, and that is totally plain kit, no stripes, no designs, just a red, ornage, black jersey with no frills, a full zip and some reflective stuff on the back. Seems a struggle...

Team kit is for racing, where BC and UCI rule what you can and cannot wear, outside such races, wear what you like. Fit and comfort is most important, especially for the bibs/shorts!

I just scrounge around the big on line retailers for bargains. Still trying to find some of that lovely castelli stuff at an acceptable price for me, so far no luck...

On line retailers being: CRC, Wiggle, PBK with the largest selection of clothing, often on sale. Try Planet X as well, can be hit and miss, but their windproof gloves for a fiver were ace, so when they had another lot in the sale, I bought several pairs :)
May 2013
12:08am, 22 May 2013
74 posts
  •  
mick173
Not forgetting ebay as well, I've just picked up two craft performance long sleeve tops for £12, got them cheap because they were 2011 season.
May 2013
10:24am, 28 May 2013
119 posts
  •  
Becky01580
Good ladies bib shorts???? Iv looked at loads & all have different reviews - any recommendations?
May 2013
10:52am, 28 May 2013
18,625 posts
  •  
hammerite
If the advert is anything to go by you can't go wrong with Assos.

yellow-limited.com

:-)

I think if you're not used to wearing bib shorts it's best to go to a shop and try some on. I really like Santini kit if you can find a shop that stocks it.
May 2013
11:36am, 28 May 2013
121 posts
  •  
Becky01580
Thanks!!!!!!!!
May 2013
11:38am, 28 May 2013
61,319 posts
  •  
Hanneke
Bib shorts were a revelation for me... When I started cycling I wore women's shorts, no bibs and always got chaffing in the saddle contact area until I was given a team kit when cycling became serious... That set came with men's bib shorts and a man's jersey, as I was the only woman in the team... and never looked back. Man's bib shorts seem to solve all issues for me.
May 2013
11:43am, 28 May 2013
122 posts
  •  
Becky01580
Thanks ill have a look at those
May 2013
1:01pm, 28 May 2013
1,031 posts
  •  
MudMeanderer
Hanneke: Some of the Giordana stuff may suit what you're after for fairly plain kit. I have a jersey that is largely black with just a few patches of orange around the shoulders, and I'm sure I've seen some of their kit with less colour.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Tumbleweed90
Hi,
I've recently started to get into cycling and I've just splashed out and bought my first ever...